Individual Health Insurance Marketing

john_petrowski said:
fla2cali said:
john_petrowski said:
All any agent is doing is catching people at the right time. When you're only marketing to 100 people a week it's hard to find someone who's at the moment when they care about what you're selling. When you're markeing to 3,000 people a week now you're in business.

John, when you say you market to 3,000 people a week, how is exactly are you doing that? Are you walking into businesses, or are you "marketing" to 3,000 businesses by cold calling them? If its the latter, thats roughly 600 calls a day. Am I missing something?

f2c

Doorhangers.

I was curious about this. When I first started using flyers, doorhangers, etc... I could only do so many businesses. HOw is it you are getting to 3000 a week. Thats a lot of driving and walking. This isn't me doubting you. This is me wanting to figure out how I can better my prospecting efforts. Do you delegate this task to others, or do you do it personally? Do you hang them in the front of the business, or the back. I got some calls when I hung them in the front, and not the good kind of calls. Is your door hanger the same flyer that you attached on the board? Thanks again.

f2c

2) Cold call telemarketing
Buy a list for a variety of internet sources like USA data and start calling: "Hi, I'm John Petrowski from the Health Solutions Agency. I'm letting business owners like yourself know about a variety of affordable health insurance plans through companies like Aetna, Time, United Healthcare and Blue Cross. Do you have your own coverage or group? Look for a 2% to 3% response.

4) Hire a telemarketer
Put an ad out on Craigslist and hire an in-house telemarketer. Have her/him come over to your place, pay about $12 per hour flat and about 4 hours per day of calls should do it. That should generate 8 solid leads and a deal a day.
------------------------------------------
John, regarding the "cold call telemarketing" and "hire a telemarketer" that you mention. You say a 2% to 3% response with the do-it-yourself cold call telemarketing yet if you hire someone from Craiglist they would obtain 8 solid leads in 4 hours of calling. Does that mean that the telemarketer you hire is that much better than one of us agents or are they making 250 to 300 calls in that 4 hour period using the 2% to 3% response?

Thank you for your response. I've never tried a telemarketing campaign with this business but am interested in knowing more about what the numbers look like.

They're better. The girls I hire get a much better reponse then me. I guess male business owners age 45 to 60 would rather talk to a girl with a cute voice then me.

john_petrowski said:
They're better. The girls I hire get a much better reponse then me. I guess male business owners age 45 to 60 would rather talk to a girl with a cute voice then me.

"Hi, I'm Melody and I'm calling from my bedroom and I'm sitting here topless. Would you like to talk about healthcare insurance with me... just the two of us... alone?"

Al

john_petrowski said:
Maybe you need to target woman business owners. :D

Did a search for Craig List but couldn't locate info. Appreciate a phone number.

Thank You

Back