Individual Health Insurance Plans

Good luck finding decent maternity coverage inside of California except through one of the government plans.

Dan

Good points.
It would be cool if everyone had the option.
Not everyone wants or should have to pay for maturity coverage. Complications of pregnancy are covered under indie plans of course so, if you "can afford" the cost of delivery, THEN work on getting prego?
No kidding on the personal responsibility bit.
It's enough to make me gag.
Had, actually still have, a client who runs a small business ... maybe 4 employees. Get this. Because the employees were healthy and to keep them around, he decided to take out a couple of individual plans on 2 of them. He did this by just adding the cost of the plans onto their salary.
"Yeah, as soon as I get some bills taken care, I'll get right back to ya ..."
That was 4 years ago.
I read that 10,000,000 Americans who live in households that bring in over $70,000 per year have no major medical.
Huh?
These pathetic creatures deserve bankrupsy and should have a lien put on their property. They should leave this world exactly the way they came into it; with nothing. Chances are their off spring will enjoy a similar fate. It's the poor slob working a dead end job with a low salary and no benies who shows up for work every day that i feel sorry for. Often, an immigrant, who endures more b*llsh*t then most "native" Americans could ever imagine in order to have a chance at a better life by coming here, often alone, just to have the OPPORTUNITY to be able to fight for a better life. I'll take one of those over a dozen of these whiney, narcissictic, shallow,take everyting for granted sense of entitlement p*ssies any day of the week.
Recently, we discontinued our $90 per month cable bill only because I began to feel like a moron for shelling out $1000 per year for what amounts to not missing Real Time. Colbert, you can get on the internet, 60 minutes is on regular tv, we use Netflix for movies and I get infinetly more "buzz" out of reading anyways which you can do for next to nothing. Same with da booze. Was it "a conscieous decision?" You betcha.
Point is, people gotta wake up eventually and stop waiting for Uncle Obama or whichever "mesiah" is in vogue at the moment to ride in on a silver charger to save the day. Grow up people. Owners and borrowers, that's all this is. I prefer to try at least to be an owner?
These welfare cases who ride the system on the backs of the rest of us deserve to live at a low standard. Sure, we 'll have to feed your kids (heaven help them) and supply some level of health care through emtala, but we ain't gonna make it easy for ya , you pathetic piece of cr*p. Natural selection. Law of the jungle. Much can be learned from nature, the weak need to die early in order to preserve the species before they breed and weaken the gene pool further. Wanna go to school, learn a trade, yeah, that we should pay for otherwise you take what ever we hand you.

"I want to wait and see what happens ..."
Please.

Last edited:
Where does one find this maturity coverage? Perhaps Golddoor would be a prospect.

Gold who?
Forget maturnity.
Are you talking indie or grp?
Indie covers complications. Breach, c - section, etc.
So, what does "maturnity coverage" amount to within indie plans? Having an insurance company pay for the cost of your babies delivery and pre / post natal.
If you can't afford to pay for a child's delivery, then chances are, you won't be able to feed and care for the child. YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT. And that's o.k. Or because it is your "RIGHT" to bear children, just transfer those costs to the American taxpayer vis a vis emtala so we can all pay for your irrespondsibility and or the lousy job your parents did.
Sadly, that kind of thing will happen at times for different reasons, but I'm not going to pretend that this is anything but a lack of planning, accountability and an acceptance of one's own control over their own life at least to some degree.

You are the one asking about maternity. (Notice the spelling).

Covering complications is a state by state thing and not all "indie" plans cover complications.

Time for example (at least in GA) can write a plan that doesn't cover anything related to maternity . . . including complications.

Even if you have maternity coverage, complications usually do not arise until the last trimester. By then you have shelled out several thousand for the event and then complications occur. At that point you start accumulating towards your major med deductible.

Then the baby is born, automatic coverage as long as you notify the carrier within 30 days.

And the baby starts THEIR deductible.

Let's make it more challenging.

Say your complications begin in December. You satisfy your deductible then continue to the new year. Unless the policy has carry over provisions you start a new deductible on January 1.

Having fun yet?

O.K., gotta keep teach happy – ran this one through spell check.

Yeah sure, if you look around you may find a policy or two that doesn’t cover complications of prego. Personally, I’d never put my name on it, but yes, some will hock anything. In patient deductible carry over is the norm, for plans of quality, but there may be exceptions.
It appears we are in agreement that adding a maternity benefit to an individual policy even if you can find a carrier that still offers one, is unwise / pointless?
Also, some of us work out of more than one state.
Frankly, who wants to deal with clients that are of child bearing age anyway? We don’t. Low premium / retention and they refer you to others of their ilk.

* Just remembered; United did discontinue that quarterly roll over deal into the new year.

Last edited:
FWIW, a fellow agent has a client with a history of difficult pregnancy's. Every carrier she tried refused to issue a policy.

I made a few inquiries and confirmed that at least one carrier has the ability to write a full maternity waiver. Which is better? Coverage for everything except maternity related expenses or no coverage at all?

Deductible carry over is, like everything else, a state by state situation. I am told, but I have not confirmed, that GA is the only state that mandates deductible credit carry over.

Spelling errors occur even in the best of us. But when someone makes the same error over and over it is an indication they have no idea how to spell that particular word. Spelling and grammatical errors portray the individual in a bad light. Poor first impression.

Oleg used to post here with some frequency. It was obvious that English was not his primary language. He used a mostly automated system so it probably never showed in client dealings.

Spelling errors and poor grammar can cause folks to lower their opinion of your knowledge and ability.

Just an observation . . .

Although a lot of agents get upset when they are corrected I'd rather have someone point out an error on this board rather than having a client read an email where I spell "a lot "alot" or "allot." It makes it seem like you dropped out of the 7th grade.

To be honest, really don't understand most of these common errors in spelling. Some of the words that are often misspelled are covered literally in the 4th or 5th grade and there's absolutely no way you're writing high school papers with the errors I've seen some agents make.

My son's in the 1st grade and gets marked down if he used "they're" instead of "their" in a sentence.....1st grade.

FWIW, a fellow agent has a client with a history of difficult pregnancy's. Every carrier she tried refused to issue a policy.

I made a few inquiries and confirmed that at least one carrier has the ability to write a full maternity waiver. Which is better? Coverage for everything except maternity related expenses or no coverage at all?

Deductible carry over is, like everything else, a state by state situation. I am told, but I have not confirmed, that GA is the only state that mandates deductible credit carry over.

Spelling errors occur even in the best of us. But when someone makes the same error over and over it is an indication they have no idea how to spell that particular word. Spelling and grammatical errors portray the individual in a bad light. Poor first impression.

Oleg used to post here with some frequency. It was obvious that English was not his primary language. He used a mostly automated system so it probably never showed in client dealings.

Spelling errors and poor grammar can cause folks to lower their opinion of your knowledge and ability.

Just an observation . . .

So does going out of your way to try and appear superior.
Another observation.
Didn’t realize that this was a preliminary to Scripps National.
My bad.

Back