Individual Health Insurance Plans

Although a lot of agents get upset when they are corrected I'd rather have someone point out an error on this board rather than having a client read an email where I spell "a lot "alot" or "allot." It makes it seem like you dropped out of the 7th grade.

To be honest, really don't understand most of these common errors in spelling. Some of the words that are often misspelled are covered literally in the 4th or 5th grade and there's absolutely no way you're writing high school papers with the errors I've seen some agents make.

My son's in the 1st grade and gets marked down if he used "they're" instead of "their" in a sentence.....1st grade.

Excuse me, grammar puss, no kidding it’s important to spell and speak correctly when dealing with clients.
YOU TWO ARE NOT CLIENTS.
Of course, we always use spell check when dealing with clients, and, while communicating verbally are carefull to speak articulately while adapting to the person to whom we are dealing with. Please.
What is this? The Gotcha Forum or the Insurance Forum?
Dude, or should I say “sir,” personally, I appreciate most of your posts but a …
Wow.

I will not spell maternity as maturnity.

Teacher, can me take potty break?
No? Because of my poor use of the English language?

I will not spell maternity as maturnity...

I can guarantee if you're sloppy on a professional insurance forum you're just as sloppy when typing emails to clients. Although you'll gain some business, if you even have one grammar error in a communication to a client you're losing business since it paints you as...well, uneducated.

My advice is if you don't know how to spell a word just Google it before you post or email. My advice if you actually don't know how to spell maternity is to go back and chew out your 4th grade teacher - they didn't do their job.

Excuse me, grammar puss, no kidding it’s important to spell and speak correctly when dealing with clients.
YOU TWO ARE NOT CLIENTS.
Of course, we always use spell check when dealing with clients, and, while communicating verbally are carefull to speak articulately while adapting to the person to whom we are dealing with. Please.
What is this? The Gotcha Forum or the Insurance Forum?
Dude, or should I say “sir,” personally, I appreciate most of your posts but a …
Wow.

Teacher, can me take potty break?
No? Because of my poor use of the English language?

I will not spell maternity as maturnity...

"Careful" only has one "L" in it.

John and Bob, good posts about taking time to use the correct grammar and spelling. Joeboy is not the only forum member who should use spellcheck. Of couse, we have to allow for typographical errors but lazy writing is definitely unprofessional----even on this forum.:yes:

I ran into it quite a bit over the years, trying to figure out a way to show a family that they should drop their "group" plan and buy an individual one! There is NO way to do this unless it is a small family or individual! The pro's will NEVER outweigh the con's.

I'd like to hear someone who has had success doing this without blowing smoke up the clients ass!

Back