Individual Health Insurance Plans

I can guarantee if you're sloppy on a professional insurance forum you're just as sloppy when typing emails to clients. Although you'll gain some business, if you even have one grammar error in a communication to a client you're losing business since it paints you as...well, uneducated.

My advice is if you don't know how to spell a word just Google it before you post or email. My advice if you actually don't know how to spell maternity is to go back and chew out your 4th grade teacher - they didn't do their job.

My advice.
Give advice when it matters as you have done in previous posts.
Did you read my last post?
AGAIN, of course we spell check, etc. when dealing with clients and how can you "guarantee" anything when it comes to how we deal with them ...?"
Your condescending remarks about "my 4th grade teacher" are less than appreciated. In haste, I misspell one word, by one letter, albeit several times, and now why intellect / education are in question?
Also, you google, from now on, yes, I will take the time to use the spell check option within this Insurance Forums software ...
Free yourself, get over yourself?

"Careful" only has one "L" in it.

Hi - freak'n - larious.
Again pre spellcheck, in my inspired haste to rebuke.
Anything lost in the translation?
Go ahead, tell me that you didn't "LOL ..." ?
Ooops, did i commit another felony, is that a real word?
It never ends. Kind of reminds me of that Sam Kinison bit where he is at the morgue?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is the era of the written word.

With blogs, emails, texts, etc. being so pervasive, it has never been more important to master grammar, spelling and writing concepts.

Yes folks, I know its out of character, but Moondog has joined the pile on ...
I'm going to take it easy on you since you have brightened my day on more than one occaison with your insightful and yes, humorous commentary.
Master this?
Just because I didn't use bloody spell check in my naivete in regards to the proper conduct expected within this "professional insurance forum," please don't infer for a moment that you have "mastered" the English language above and beyond anyone else, including me, within said forum?
Actually most browsers include spell check. I use Chrome so when I'm typing too fast it'll underline a misspelled word.

There you go, something I didn't know already.
Thank you sir.

Last edited:
Alot of peoples said it's impotent too right good.

Rick

Spell check! spell check! I'm telling Mom; he didn't use spell check!
This is the era of the written word.

With blogs, emails, texts, etc. being so pervasive, it has never been more important to master grammar, spelling and writing concepts.

Yes folks, I know its out of character, but Moondog has joined the pile on ...
I'm going to take it easy on you since you have brightened my day on more than one occaison with your insightful and yes, humorous commentary.
Master this?
Just because I didn't use bloody spell check in my naivete in regards to the proper conduct expected within this "professional insurance forum," please don't infer for a moment that you have "mastered" the English language above and beyond anyone else, including me, within said forum?

John and Bob, good posts about taking time to use the correct grammar and spelling. Joeboy is not the only forum member who should use spellcheck. Of couse, we have to allow for typographical errors but lazy writing is definitely unprofessional----even on this forum.

I sit, in my $700 office chair, corrected.
I can't resist, you guys are a bad influence; the word is spelled course not couse.
I love it. Our boy is commenting on my "lazy" writing with perhaps even lazier writing ... LOL. You kill me bro.
Thx, Rick. I just knew your hillbilly roots would eventually surface . . .

Yo, Georgia Peach?
Please stop thanking people?
It's embarrassing.

Last edited:
Let me see if I understand this correctly. When you misspell a word it is a "typographical error."
When someone else does, it is "stupidity."
Whom am I to question such logic?

I swear that I spell so bad that spell checks don't know what I'm trying to spell half the time.

I agree with joeboy. Just because I don't spend hours reviewing every word I type here for correct spelling and grammer doesn't mean I don't do that with my communications to the public.

I figure we're all family here.

John and Bob, good posts about taking time to use the correct grammar and spelling. Joeboy is not the only forum member who should use spellcheck. Of couse, we have to allow for typographical errors but lazy writing is definitely unprofessional----even on this forum.

Pass this one on to John and Bob?

Perhaps Arn, if you are going to jump in and give advice to others, you should first practice what you preach?
What’s that, your spell check mechanism malfunctioned? We’ll send a tech right over.
Please.
A battle of wit, with an unarmed twit.

Thx, Rick. I just knew your hillbilly roots would eventually surface . . .

Yo, Georgia Peach?
Please stop thanking people?
It's embarrassing.

Joeboy...Try using WebNanny. I use it and never mispell a word.
WebNanny was used in this post.

For an instant I thought perhaps your WebNanny reference was some sort of a wise crack. You know; like I need a "nanny ..." , but upon further research (yeah, I googled it) we see that there is such helpful software available by that name. Is it any better than what comes built into this software or Microsoft Word (which our office uses all the time)? John mentioned "Chrome?"

Last edited:
Back