Insphere Insurance Solutions. Any Info About Career ?

I don't know you and you don't know me and you're questioning the fact that my friend is doing well? Without knowing anything about my friend or her company, you're claiming that you can offer me a better deal?
Anyway, nice to meet you.

Not sure what your friend's definition of well?

Honestly, I'm not going to claim that anyone can offer you a better deal than Insphere, but almost anyone can. The obvious exception is that if someone needs the direction and structure that an organization like that provides, then sure it's perfect. Admittedly it's a large organization and each area can be run different than the next, but in my experience with a handful of offices it doesn't appear that the majority of them are particularly talented or successful.

Johnnymc, please have the most successful year ever and show us your commission statements. If you want to really rub our faces in it, have someone show us their 1099's.

Not sure what your friend's definition of well?

Honestly, I'm not going to claim that anyone can offer you a better deal than Insphere, but almost anyone can. The obvious exception is that if someone needs the direction and structure that an organization like that provides, then sure it's perfect. Admittedly it's a large organization and each area can be run different than the next, but in my experience with a handful of offices it doesn't appear that the majority of them are particularly talented or successful.

Johnnymc, please have the most successful year ever and show us your commission statements. If you want to really rub our faces in it, have someone show us their 1099's.

Just for a minute, forget Insphere's sorrid past. Why would anyone pick them over a career agency or doing life and health at a P&C shop? I can't imagine focusing on individual health now, and if you are going to do life, why limit yourself to just a couple of carriers? A career shop would give someone more options and better comp.

As a new agent I joined Insphere about a year ago. At first I thought I would be happy and successful based on their promises. Sadly promises were not the reality, actually very poor training, lots of pressure to sell ancillary products and leads that were a joke. Bottom line I left after 6 months.

Before I left a Sales Leader with the company for 15 years let it slip that although he was a top agent, he had yet to make any money on all his stock options. He kept believing that one day it was going to be his ticket to retiremement as he was sitting on a pile of options. My guess is that day will never happen.

Until Insphere does a total clean house and practices what they preach it will continue to be a revolving door for new agents. The good news from this experience is that I learned what to watch out for in selecting an agency. Any experience that can teach you something is a good experience.

Re: Any Info About Insphere Insurance Solutions Career?

So....what'd you expect the manager would tell you? That the average manager is waiting for their next check to put gas in the car?
There are 877 Insphere agents listed with linked in, a professional blogosphere ( I just had to use the word "sphere") linkedin.com
call a few agents at random and get their take on it.

Last edited:
I'll still give InSphere credit where credit's due - breaking away from Mega and hooking up with national carriers.

I personally don't feel a captive environment is the best way to launch your career....in any field. It's not 1980. We have the internet and the right agency will give you as much, if not more training than any captive outfit.

I'll still give InSphere credit where credit's due - breaking away from Mega and hooking up with national carriers. .../quote]

Technically Insphere is still part of Mega. All owned by Health Markets as the parent corp. Concept of Insphere was to get full line of health, life and LTC carriers.

Happening slower than originally planned. In some part due to carrier wanting exclusivity (Hancock mandated exclusivity for LTC for a few years), other instances just more complicated to merge the infrastructure of Insphere back room with the carrier back room. Insphere's goal is to give its agents a single portal for all products.

Concept of Insphere as stated at corporate level is actually pretty solid which is why I originally went with them. Problem is the execution at the local level falls far short of the mark so unless you are with a local office who really embraces the change and has the expertise to run the office, you are just one of many and its every man or woman for themselves with little support and lots of pressure and expectations to attend too many rah! rah! meaningless meetings.

Then of course is the not owning your own book, you are allowed to sign with other carriers outside Insphere as long as you then secure E&O coverage on your own and you are then not allowed to share in bonus commissions, just straight so incentive is not there. That being said for some people, this might be a good fit, I probably would have stayed longer if I had received decent training and support.

Back