Insphere Insurance Solutions. Any Info About Career ?

As an agent that has only been out of training for 3 weeks, I have to say that thus far, I have gotten over 600.00 in sales. Now, does that pay the bills? No. But.... I'm a NEW agent. I had very good sales training and have a team that looks at selling as a group effort. Only healthy competition so far comes from the rest of the office agents. Their lead program is good as you don't pay for your leads and the company matches a percentage of your sales to give you more money in your lead account. They also start you off with money- that you don't pay back- in your lead account. We sell the top three companies in health insurance in MI. The sups and association are good items as well. ING is one of the life insurance policies I can sale (and I have sold two policies already). It is as you make it, if you work hard then you get sales. BTW... out of that 600$ only two of them were from people I know the rest were from LEADS!!! Now before you start to say that this exuberance is from a freshman's perspective, I will tell you what I don't like about the job.
1. I hate calling the phone..... But like it when I get a warm voice
2. I didn't get very good computer training for their system
3.Two people in my class(sort of ,one was a month behind me) have already left.- one was asked to leave because of poor sales and the other got a salaried job.
4. They interview and hire monthly. As of now I'm no longer a freshman agent but a sophomore one (however I know the meaning of sophomore... wise fool!)
5. There is a slight pressure to sell. I chalk that up to them pepping you up to do well.
6. I need to better manage my time, I should be calling now not typing!!! Any good tips on that?
7. There are too many meetings and I don't like that as a live a long drive from the office. I can't wait until the tether is gone!
All and all, its about what you put into it. At first, that should be 40+ hours a week. I'm a little short:nah:However, there are some very strong older agents in the office that are doing VERY well. Many of them now just put in 20 or so hours and still are bring home 100K+ every year Faith, hard work and a loss to my procrastination (and ADHD!) should but me up there in time as well. If you like sales- and that's a must. And avoid trying to frame a NEW company with it's old parent company! I might see a bank deposit from healthmarkets but that's all I see with the name. I see NO MEGA! To anyone thinking that is a born sales person, this is a good choice!

Last edited:
Why do you say that?? They seem very helpful and even with getting them in there and showing the ropes.
Take the time to read through all the posts in this thread. Insphere is known as a "churn and burn" operation-in the opinion of most people on this forum. They train people -yes, but the fail is strong, there. The agents tend to quit, because they make no money, and then Insphere recruits another 10 people to take their place. If your husband is one of the rare ones who makes a career out of it, great. But the odds are not with him, there.

Last edited:
Here's what I know about them, they used to be Mega Life & Health Insurance Company, then HealthMarkets to Insphere. I'm sure they've changed their names much more than that but that should highlight what company your working with, but I've never actually worked with them so if you are going to good luck.

As a recently terminated Agent with Insphere, I would like to share my experience with this Company. After spending many years working for a Captive (Snoopy) and an Independent Financial Planning firm, I left this field back in 2008 to pursue other options. I was approached by a friend back in October, 2010 to attend an Insphere sales meeting (sounds like Primerica right !) to see if I wanted to work for them on a part-time basis. I attended the meeting, interviewed with the Agency Manager and completed the hiring paperwork all in the same day. While awaiting my appointments with their carriers, I attended their weekly sales meetings to get familiar with their structure and their seasoned agents. It's now February, 2011 and I'm STILL waiting for all of my appointments, not because of my fault, but because of their lack of urgency. Finally by mid-March I am now fully appointed and ready to write some business. After working their "free" leads (average of 4 months old), I scheduled some appointments and went out on joint calls with my Sales Leader so he can show me how the sell the "full Corporate style package". It didn't take me very long to see how these guys make their sales, ever hear of "packing"? Well, the final blow for me was when I set up an appointment with a friend of mine, the SL did his slick presentation, wrote the apps and never split the commission with me. From that point forward, I stopped attending meetings and making calls and waited for my "Dear John" form letter to appear in the mail. So, to summerize, if you are looking for a company that trains you via webinars and a shady Sales Leader, provides weekly sales meetings who's only purpose is to hand out bonus checks to their very seasoned agents, provides you with free stale leads and expects you to use any means necessary to get the sale, then by all means they are a perfect fit for you. If not, I'd suggest you keep moving and don't look back.

Back