Insphere Insurance Solutions. Any Info About Career ?

I would like to share my thoughts and opinion about Insphere
Be on your guard and watch for red flags.
I was part of this company but was gone in under 4 months if you count licensing time and training time.
The division I had was saturated and the state I live in has squat for options so in this state we got the ever so unpopular Mega.
Let me step away from that though.
The "first" interview/recruitment slide show I watched with a sales leader was appealing for a new guy like myself who was recently laid off from the telecommunications field. I remember key things about what the leader said, one of them was "I don't care if you make $3,000 or 3 million dollars, there is no quota and the only way you are going to make money is to write policies" He also said "You are self employed, you decide what you want to make, self employed is one step from being unemployed"
After I got licensed the support from my leader was down the tubes, he was cranky about everyday, his assistant wanted to keep him booked out of the office as much as possible.
Each time I sought advice I got brushed off, but one agent who was there a few months longer then myself who was struggling, got all the help in the world when he basically cried he was dying for a client. I got the impression as if I was underestimated or given up on fairly quick probably due to the amount of time (just over a month) to get officially licensed
He even offered to help cold call, he would tell me we would sit down and would learn how to turn cold calls into appointments. Each time the "time" would come, he had an excuse, from he had to go home, he has an appointment, needs to make a call, etc and blew me off to his assistant. My self esteem was getting shot, sure I gave it my best with what I didn't know. Finally as I observed he was just getting more cranky and after 3 weeks of other new agents feeling they got ripped a new one for not making sales, I jumped that ship. Shortly there after even folks who were writing sales got canned from the company for not writing enough, so much for the recruitment speech telling us he didn't care what we made...
We even got speeches in one of the weekly meetings if we can't write enough business, the office can't stay a float meaning we have no revenue to pay the lights, etc. In other words we needed to line his and the division managers pockets with money in my opinion.
To my understanding (oddly enough I work with his assistant and one of the former agents..that oughta tell more) the office went from 11 people to 3.
I think we had some pretty crappy leadership. If you didn't write a million bucks quick like he did it seemed you didn't have a leg to stand on. I have heard of other offices in other states where folks are content, that's fine. I left mainly from learning Megas reputation and the crappy leadership and knowing if I wasn't writing a million bucks soon I would be canned anyways.
If you are serious, all I say is keep this information in mind, the minute a red flag is raised, debunk it as a misunderstanding, etc and if you can't grab a life vest and jump ship.

As a recently terminated Agent with Insphere, I would like to share my experience with this Company. After spending many years working for a Captive (Snoopy) and an Independent Financial Planning firm, I left this field back in 2008 to pursue other options. I was approached by a friend back in October, 2010 to attend an Insphere sales meeting (sounds like Primerica right !) to see if I wanted to work for them on a part-time basis. I attended the meeting, interviewed with the Agency Manager and completed the hiring paperwork all in the same day. While awaiting my appointments with their carriers, I attended their weekly sales meetings to get familiar with their structure and their seasoned agents. It's now February, 2011 and I'm STILL waiting for all of my appointments, not because of my fault, but because of their lack of urgency. Finally by mid-March I am now fully appointed and ready to write some business. After working their "free" leads (average of 4 months old), I scheduled some appointments and went out on joint calls with my Sales Leader so he can show me how the sell the "full Corporate style package". It didn't take me very long to see how these guys make their sales, ever hear of "packing"? Well, the final blow for me was when I set up an appointment with a friend of mine, the SL did his slick presentation, wrote the apps and never split the commission with me. From that point forward, I stopped attending meetings and making calls and waited for my "Dear John" form letter to appear in the mail. So, to summerize, if you are looking for a company that trains you via webinars and a shady Sales Leader, provides weekly sales meetings who's only purpose is to hand out bonus checks to their very seasoned agents, provides you with free stale leads and expects you to use any means necessary to get the sale, then by all means they are a perfect fit for you. If not, I'd suggest you keep moving and don't look back.

I did not wait for the "dear John letter", I just quit. The manager called me and used the "F" word. Not cool. I don't mind managers being dorks like they do, because they do... but don't call me and use that kind of language.

When I quit, my division manager laid into me - talking about the massive mistake I was making.

He called me last year. His office got shut down, he was fired and wanted to get me into some MLM business he was into.

When I quit, my division manager laid into me - talking about the massive mistake I was making.

He called me last year. His office got shut down, he was fired and wanted to get me into some MLM business he was into.

Ha ha, has he no shame?? If this guy -here in my area-called me out of the blue with some business proposal, I think he might hear the "F" word. hee hee

business model

sell them the shittiest health insurance plan and layer it up with stuff they dont want and if they actually utilize the supplemental garbage it probably wont pay out any claim anyways

get in there, get the signature and check and gtfo before they realize what theyre doing

HORRIBLE!!! Pathetic commissions, poor management, unprofessional agents and ZERO help from their case management and corporate teams in Dallas, TX. They will steal deals and your own lead money from LeadForward. (it happened to numerous agents in our office) Also, Insphere pays the lowest commissions in the industry.

I worked there for 14 months and when I resigned my back end was at zero. Since then, Insphere refuses to send me my residual checks. I have called corporate 5 times and left voice mails for them to call me back. Nothing!!! Even when I was with them they provided little support so I am not surprised they would do something as low as steal my hard earned residual business.

These guys are on their way out of the business. I would love to elaborate but I must get back to selling. Bottom line, STAY AWAY FROM INSPHERE OR YOU WILL GET BURNED!!

IP4U

I'm not sure if this has changed, but when I was there it was 10 years to vest. That means if you leave before 10 years - no renewals. Of course, when I was there a Mayfly had a longer life span.

Back