Insphere Insurance Solutions. Any Info About Career ?

Hello All. I am as green as summer grass and have been recruited by Insphere and have a meeting scheduled to see about joining. I will say that the con's really do seem to out weigh the pro's...:skeptical:

My appointment is next week and I have never sold insurance before and don't really know what to watch out for. I googled Insphere looking for info and came across this forum and am psyched that all this 1st hand experience has been posted by people on either side.

If it's not too much to ask could I get some examples of what types of questions to ask & what should I look out for? In all honesty, is this a good place to start to receive training when coming into this field of work for the first time? I thank everyone in advance for any help & constructive advice.

"Are there any fees to join?" If yes, got into the bathroom and climb out the window. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the response and the heads up. I figured that much. But what about the payouts & comissions? What is normal in the industry for someone that is just starting out? Since we are selling insurance, am I foolish to believe that we get coverage through the carriers we sell? How about a discounted rate at least?

Don't confuse licensing fees, licensing course fees, and test fee as "fees to join". However, they should be paid directly to the state and/or provider and not to Insphere or any of the representatives or managers.

I need to not turn this into a small novel:

I was with UGA (now InSphere) who got me into insurance. I had zero experience.

I got to drive to their office very day complete with training. I ran quite a few appointments with my district manager who taught me the basics of insurance sales.

A few months later I discovered that I was getting paid about half the commissions as independent agents and could sell more and better products, so I blew out and did much better. That said, I had quite a few friend blow out and died as independent agents. They needed the kind of atmosphere they provided and simply could not handle working on their own from home.

Would I have made it as an agent if I would have went independent right off the bat? Who knows.

Don't confuse licensing fees, licensing course fees, and test fee as "fees to join". However, they should be paid directly to the state and/or provider and not to Insphere or any of the representatives or managers.

Thank you very much for this advice. I am a licensed civil engineer in my State and had to pay a licensing fee and so forth to the State as well but was covered by my employer. Is it correct to assume that these fee's won't be covered or reimbursed?

Thank you very much for this advice. I am a licensed civil engineer in my State and had to pay a licensing fee and so forth to the State as well but was covered by my employer. Is it correct to assume that these fee's won't be covered or reimbursed?

Timeout. So you are licensed civil engineer? Why in the world do you want to get into insurance?

I need to not turn this into a small novel:

I was with UGA (now InSphere) who got me into insurance. I had zero experience.

I got to drive to their office very day complete with training. I ran quite a few appointments with my district manager who taught me the basics of insurance sales.

A few months later I discovered that I was getting paid about half the commissions as independent agents and could sell more and better products, so I blew out and did much better. That said, I had quite a few friend blow out and died as independent agents. They needed the kind of atmosphere they provided and simply could not handle working on their own from home.

Would I have made it as an agent if I would have went independent right off the bat? Who knows.

Did you get paid for the training? Is there a base salary or is everything you make commission based?

Also, from my interpretation of what you wrote it seems like you benefited from the training that they offered since you were brand new to the industry. Am I correct in thinking this?

Thanks again for all the input you guys. It really is helpful and I truly appreciate it. :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Timeout. So you are licensed civil engineer? Why in the world do you want to get into insurance?

I'm burnt out and want a change in a major way. I also feel as though I peaked with my my income and would like some growth in that department. I am not trying to get rich quick but I think this is a field where you could expand your earning potential more so that with my State job.

Last edited:
It's 100% commission and it's less commission than what you'd make as an independent agent. So you need to work almost twice as hard.

I was putting in about 60 hours a week to gross $1,000 a week (about $800 after taxes) but that's before expenses. When the dust settled I was netting about $550 a week. That didn't cover my bills.

When I went independent I was grossing about $140,000 a year. My net was about $85,000 and that covered everything.

I'm burnt out and want a change in a major way. I also feel as though I peaked with my my income and would like some growth in that department. I am not trying to get rich quick but I think this is a field where you could expand your earning potential more so that with my State job.

Back