Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Insurance and Ancillary Benefits

Reply to Insphere Insurance Solutions. Any Info About Career ?     
Old 01-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #21
Expert

State: Thane is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Insphere Insurance Solutions. Any Info About Career ? Re: Any Info About Insphere Insurance Solutions Career?
Originally Posted by MedicarePlanSolutions View Post
In my unbiased opinion Insphere is going to be a headache you don't need. Search "mega" or "healthmarkets" here and on google and see what type of feedback you get. What state are you in? HCO is without a doubt awesome.
In my biased opinion and depending on the area I have a program that might make sense for you. What state(s) are you licensed in? Check out Welcome and if it looks like something you're interested in then send me your contact info and we'll go from there.
The Welcome link you listed did not work; I am in VA. You mentioned HCO as a viable option over Insphere but is this also true for a greenie looking to break into the business?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Insphere Insurance Solutions. Any Info About Career ?
Old 01-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #22
Guru

State: dgoldenz is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
dgoldenz is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Insphere Insurance Solutions. Any Info About Career ? Re: Any Info About Insphere Insurance Solutions Career?
10.5%? Wow...

High Risk Life Insurance Quotes
Old 01-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #23
Expert

State: gboylan21 is an Insurance Agent from Ohio
10.5 is ridiculous. if you agree to go with them they are going to train you to sell the limited benefit plans because you ll make higher comm. always be careful when signing up for companies that on their personal websites, they leave off outlines of coverage so potential clients cant get on and review the outline of a policy. all your respectable insurance carriers will allow you to see their plans just by going on to their website. with plans from health markets you have to contact an agent and have them come meet with you.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:24 PM   #24

State: truthbetold is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
They are paying 15-18% depending on experience on all health and ancillary products. The health can be health markets, aetna, or united health one. The ancillaries are health markets.

They pay a bonus based on % that ancillaries make up of total health sales. This can go up to 5%. They pay a bonus based on total production up to another 7.5%. So an experienced agent can make up to 30.5% on sales

They do marketing credits and matching as well. They do give stock as well.

The downside is you assign all commissions permanently and irrevoccably so in essence you do not own your own business or your book of clients. You also will drop to lower commissions should you leave and may find it difficult to get a release to continue to sell for some carriers.

Remember there is never a free lunch.

Last edited by truthbetold; 01-24-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:58 PM   #25
Guru
Paradigm on Insphere Insurance Solutions. Any Info About Career ?

State: Paradigm is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
Paradigm is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
The overall problem with any captive agency is you are building their business not your own book of business.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:06 PM   #26
Guru

State: Crabcake Johnny is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
...and their sales training will always include ramming ancillary products - competitive or not - down your client's throats.

Most often in order to maximize commissions that entails giving your client a more lacking plan so you have room in the premium for the other bag off goodies you're trying to hawk.

You don't make real money in outfits like InShpere by selling a family HSA 100. You make the real dough by selling Copay Saver loaded with dental/vision, critical illness, accident protection, etc...
Old 01-24-2010, 07:14 PM   #27
Guru

Originally Posted by healthagent View Post
...and their sales training will always include ramming ancillary products - competitive or not - down your client's throats.

Most often in order to maximize commissions that entails giving your client a more lacking plan so you have room in the premium for the other bag off goodies you're trying to hawk.

You don't make real money in outfits like InShpere by selling a family HSA 100. You make the real dough by selling Copay Saver loaded with dental/vision, critical illness, accident protection, etc...
Yes I would agree if you sacrifice major medical coverage for the ancillary sale. But in general the sale of ancillaries (critical illness, dental, vision, and accident) as well as life insurance is a great value added for creating greater consumer loyalty with the health insurance client and putting more commission dollars in the pocket of the agent. Upselling sadly is a lost art in this era of price competitiveness.

"Making Profit in the Free Market for the Foreseeable Future"

www.paradigmplanning.com
Old 01-24-2010, 11:52 PM   #28
Guru
ins.dave on Insphere Insurance Solutions. Any Info About Career ?

State: ins.dave is an Insurance Agent from Kansas
ins.dave is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
Yes I would agree if you sacrifice major medical coverage for the ancillary sale. But in general the sale of ancillaries (critical illness, dental, vision, and accident) as well as life insurance is a great value added for creating greater consumer loyalty with the health insurance client and putting more commission dollars in the pocket of the agent. Upselling sadly is a lost art in this era of price competitiveness.
Mmmmmmmmm, me not agree.
In time they realize said ancillaries were unnecessary and a waste of money.
"Who sold them to me again?"
Renewal time ... new agent time.
"Up sell" yourself right out of a client.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:57 AM   #29
Guru

Originally Posted by ins.dave View Post
Mmmmmmmmm, me not agree.
In time they realize said ancillaries were unnecessary and a waste of money.
"Who sold them to me again?"
Renewal time ... new agent time.
"Up sell" yourself right out of a client.
Ancillaries become very useful if you ever get cancer, have a heart attack or have an accident. They will pay above and beyond your major medical or HSA. In many cases either paying your out of pocket and/or living expenses. $50,000 in the event of cancer can definitely be a blessing. Its like life insurance you dont see it as valuable until you need it.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:26 AM   #30
Guru
ins.dave on Insphere Insurance Solutions. Any Info About Career ?

State: ins.dave is an Insurance Agent from Kansas
ins.dave is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
Ancillaries become very useful if you ever get cancer, have a heart attack or have an accident. They will pay above and beyond your major medical or HSA. In many cases either paying your out of pocket and/or living expenses. $50,000 in the event of cancer can definitely be a blessing. Its like life insurance you dont see it as valuable until you need it.
Perhaps critical, but you lose me at dental / vision plans.
Repeatedly we have had clients ask us to remove dental from their health policy because "it doesn't pay for anything." Even though we "involved" them into understanding that it wasn't worth the money in the first place ... I don't have a dental / vision plan. As they are now; I can't see recommending one.

P.S.
Who do you use for C. Illness? Stand alone?

Last edited by ins.dave; 01-25-2010 at 02:28 AM.
Reply to Insphere Insurance Solutions. Any Info About Career ? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Insurance and Ancillary Benefits