Insphere Insurance Solutions. Any Info About Career ?

Re: Any Info About Insphere Insurance Solutions Career?

I guess in the end it depends on what your objectives are and how much of a self starter you are and whether you need your peers to be a benchmark of performance for you.[/quote]

I agree, some people do not have the drive or desire to go out on their own so they are fine and comfortable working for someone else. I've seen people who worked for captive agencies who were top sales people try to go out on their own and fail.
Not everyone has the entrepreneur mindset nor focus to be on their own and produce the same results. Some people need others to lead them or guide/motivate them.
So the saying "the grass is not always greener on the other side" is quite true.

I definately do not have the drive to work on my own. Not at all. I need support and training. I need to be around a bunch of other salespeople. I need an agency system. I have zero drive to be on my own. Zero, none. This may be some sort of a good thing- for me.

My experience in my 24 years is this: I got recruited to sell med supps and long term care in 1986. We had a big localized or regional agency with meetings and contest and rah rah sessions.

late 80's, worked for big mutual company- same basic agency system except it was bigger. I liked it.

early 1990's, debit agent . Again, agency support.

Tried off and on to work for other agencies like UA and Libnat, but with no success.

That's basically it for me. 24 years of not much success and not much { zero} renewals. Because I left all these places.
Tried off and on to sell as a broker on my own- could not motivate myself to do it. Tried many times- no success.

I wouldn't feel too bad. Working from home is extremely challenging. Let me take a guess with no stats to back it up, but I'd say 90% of all licensed insurance agents work from an office.

I've had an idea to start a co-op for independent agents; office environment with all the perks. Problem with that model I'd be responsible for all the rent and expenses and dependent on the other agents to fork over their share.

Last edited:

I definately do not have the drive to work on my own. Not at all. I need support and training. I need to be around a bunch of other salespeople. I need an agency system. I have zero drive to be on my own. Zero, none. This may be some sort of a good thing- for me.

My experience in my 24 years is this: I got recruited to sell med supps and long term care in 1986. We had a big localized or regional agency with meetings and contest and rah rah sessions.

late 80's, worked for big mutual company- same basic agency system except it was bigger. I liked it.

early 1990's, debit agent . Again, agency support.

Tried off and on to work for other agencies like UA and Libnat, but with no success.

That's basically it for me. 24 years of not much success and not much { zero} renewals. Because I left all these places.
Tried off and on to sell as a broker on my own- could not motivate myself to do it. Tried many times- no success.

You will probably do well with InSphere if you thrive in the type of atmosphere you described. I did not do well because, in my opinion, the insurance industry for health and life products if more internet driven now and it's all about choices. Although InSphere does offer a couple of the most popular carriers, you are still restricted to only those carriers. Also, whatever they advance that ends up getting cancelled-you pay interest on. I've also heard you don't truly "own" your accounts.

Upon further review- I decided that this particular company is not for me. Thanks to all you folks- for the input.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
edit: not only "no" but "heck no!!" "heck no to insphere!!"

Last edited:

Upon further review- I decided that this particular company is not for me. Thanks to all you folks- for the input.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
edit: not only "no" but "heck no!!" "heck no to insphere!!"

THANKS FOR THE DETAILED INFO :no:

I'm an employee of Insphere, and have been with them a year from this June, though Insphere is new since last January. There's quiet a lot besides Mega, Midwest and Chesapeake, whether its Aetna like we have here in California or Golden Rule, there is also HumanaOne coming out soon as well from what I've been informed. Alot of people say that its a bad company because Mega has had ALOT of issues, and that's not really disputable, I'll agree, its everywhere, including their DOI report. But what I will say is one bad egg doesn't account for the whole batch. There's still tons of companies within Insphere. Insphere is also a captive agency, your an agent not a broker. I personally don't sell Mega products because I don't believe in them, but Aetna, and on occasion a Midwest policy to someone isn't bad. I read someone was making 800k a year and most managers are making about 180k a year. I'd believe the managers make about up to 150k with bonus, as for divisional leaders there salaried, with their old income, but the lead man in sales makes about 800k a year so I doubt the man you talked to unless your in WA makes that. Are they are reputable company? I saw a lot the last year and I think it really depends on where you get placed. Almost HALF the offices in California, and HALF the Zone Managers (meaning handling numerous states region) where fired, or let go... Meaning corruption was found in a lot of places. Is it better now? I can't say yet we haven't seen enough time go by to say for sure. I can't vouch for Chesapeke since I don't sell it here in California but I've seen a lot of people come and go in the company that either love or hate the product. Midwest does pay. I've seen their claims, big claims. A main concern that you have to have is the accumulated expense rider. A lot of agent leave it off saying "it makes it cheaper, therefore its a sale" I walk if they don't add it. I wont sell to someone that I know when their hit by a MAC truck crossing the road to get ice cream that there not going to be covered. Load it up, if they don't want it sell them Aetna, GR or something different or walk. Its not a game as people think, and its not about "helping others" I agree that's a term used by NASE, which is not and has not been with HealthMarkets now for about 3 years. Doesn't mean that their aren't policies with it still but god replace them if you find them. Say you want to review coverage and make sure the other agent did it right. Hahaha I have a post asking for help in sales maybe that's why I don't do as well as others I'm to damn honest or nice for my own good. They train you a lot at least my division does. But were also one of the top divisions... Personally I believe in Insphere, I don't believe in everything in it. It's not the bible so you don't have too, don't mean to offend anyone with that analogy.

So over all point?

Its ok, for me I'm glad to be here, I had never sold anything, or thought of sales in the first place, so is it right for everyone, nah, but its a nice place to start for the fact that they train you, they baby you along. Stay 10years hit ten year and leave if you want.

Bonuses aren't bad, cross sell bonus that hits up to 35% of your supplemental products compared to your health. This includes life, LTC, and everything else.

Also there's a first year production bonus. Simple to hit, 1500 AV a month with a 4 month window of catch up in case you don't write every month. It pays nicely.

There's other stuff too, contests, awards, random bonuses and so on.

The theory to it is write business, you'll make money. If you came into this business to get rich quick your laughable, since it wont happen. You'll be lucky to live the first year, and stumble along the way, whether its sales presentations, cold calling, buying leads, asking referrals, etc.

Try it you got nothing to lose except time and some money. If you don't like it recommend United Health One as a broker. But remember health is going to be crap after September 23rd 2010 since all limitations are gone off all plans. So there going to look identical, and probably be as much crap as a discount plan...

Hope that helps a little.

health is going to be crap after September 23rd 2010 since all limitations are gone off all plans.

Maybe in your world it is, but for the rest of us it is business as usual.

Might help to know what you are talking about before trying to educate this crowd.

Back