Insurance for Preexisting Condition

res321

Hi All- I am requiring some guidance on obtaining insurance for preexisting condition in Virginia. If someone is 59 years old, didn't have insurance or visited a doctor for few years, but now wants an insurance that covers preexisting conditions. How would one go by doing this? Most of the information I have seen suggests that preexisting condition is excluded. I am trying to find the best and fastest way to achieve this. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Thanks,
Res

After January 1st health insurance will cover all pre existing conditions. Tell them to sit tight. Their gamble will pay off soon.

And the great news is if that same 59 years old didn't buy insurance because he was primarily lower income rather than just being completely irresponsible, the taxpayers will help cover the cost.

It's a win-win, except that one of the win's (taxpayers) really isn't a win.

Rick

I am aware of that starting 1st Jan, 2014 this won't be an issue. The fact is that its a 59 year old with poor health and in bad shape. Please correct me if I am wrong, but what about getting some sort of temporary insurance for 60 to 63 days (whatever defines the gap period, I am unsure if its applicable here) and then move on to a permanent insurance which would cover preexisting condition?

From my view, its better to suffer for 63 days which is manageable then 6 months which may exasperate their medical condition. Though I understand the incentive in waiting, but what if someone needs medical attention now. Is there any other solution then to pay all expenses out of pocket?

Lesson #1 for insurance: Insurance covers unforeseen circumstances.

Obama needs to know this.

You can't buy insurance when your house is on fire and expect it to cover anything other than a slip and fall.

Rick

Typically, u need 1year of creditable coverage to cover pre ex conditions. Short term is not creditable. Check with state medicaid or get a job with group coverage

Well, I am unsure what to make of the statement. I get what you mean in principle. Unfortunately life isn't always black and white, is it?

What do you think of the solution I suggested? Getting a short term insurance and paying a higher premium and then switching to long term plan till 1st Jan kicks in. I guess the other issue would be that the long term insurer may have a look back period which may or may not cover the preexisting condition. Then again, how does one define a preexisting condition, especially whatever condition the person has is self-diagnosed. Clearly the person has never seen a doctor in over three years. Either way, still open to hearing suggestions to find a solution, if possible at all.

You can't buy insurance when your house is on fire and expect it to cover anything other than a slip and fall.

Rick

Rick

Is there a "like" button I can click to support this statement?

Rick

Well that's just rude! These insurance companies seem to be running some kind of a profit scheme or something.

Back