International Travel Medical Insurance

Norwayguy

I have spent way too much time here.
5000 Post Club
Norway, ME
So next month I am traveling to Panama for 4 days want to make sure if god forbid I have a medical problem I have coverage. Who offers the best travel insurance available for purchase in a 5 day policy.

So next month I am traveling to Panama for 4 days want to make sure if god forbid I have a medical problem I have coverage. Who offers the best travel insurance available for purchase in a 5 day policy.

I don't know if they'll do it for 5 days, but CIGNA Global is the cheapest/best of the ones I've seen.

Have you checked with your current health insurance to see if they'll cover you?

I was in England for 6 weeks. Before I went I looked into the plans like Travel Guard. I decided to check with my BCBS and they said they'd cover emergencies like heart attacks, getting hit by a bus, etc.....nothing voluntary, so I didn't take the travel insurance.

There are even Blue Cross network facilities and providers. Panama is a destination for medical tourism. If you are concerned about evacuation use AirMed over MedJet. Both are based in Birmingham, but AirMed owns the planes; usually cheaper coverage.

Back