Looking for Expert Advice from Seasoned Agents to a Newbie

Kelly Carolan

I am ready to move into Medicare supplement, final expense, etc. I would also like to handle ACA compliant health. I know I need mentoring as this is a complex field and I am still very new

Do you recommend I partner with a FMO and which one? I have looked at a number of different ones tonight.

Would you recommend the Chris Westfall subscription to his training?

Would you recommend Healh Sherpa or ACAExpress for health insurance?

Does it make sense to mix and match my offerings...Or is there a onestop shopping portal with a FMO for senior offerings and under 65 health?

Thank you for your advice.

Last edited:
This isn't an FMO recommendation, but advice in general. Many of the agencies on this site such as Chris Westphal do one thing extremely well. Your approach of being diversified can be counterproductive. This is from the perspective of marketing efforts. If you are investing lots of money into a lead program for Medicare or final expense, you aren't going to fare well if ACA is near the forefront of your sales agenda. Your going to need to put everything you have into that system. I suggest burning the bridge behind you and moving forward. The problem many run into is when they fail to sell they're primary objective product, they don't do well transition Ing to other products.

Having said that, I sell a complete portfolio of senior products and some ACA just to service my clients' family needs. This works well for me. When I buy leads, I buy multiple product leads and sell multiple products. I'm comfortable doing this as I know the products well and can transition through them very easily. This is the way I was trained and it's my "normal". I don't try to sell anything until I've identified a weak point in they're current portfolio of insurance and even investment products. Of course, many of these prospects don't exactly have "portfolios". If your going to sell multiple products, make sure your with the right people to support this goal.

Good luck in whatever new direction you choose.

Back