Looking for a Individual Policy =NO PCP

vendy9999

hi
i was working for a small company until last year that had < 5 employees.
i had a united health insurance with them at that time.that covered pretty much all tests and scan that my wife had to go through for her pre pregnancy checks as she had complications. we dont even have to go through the PCP and this was prior to the implementation of the market place.
i left the company and now am self employed with my own LLC..purchased a individual policy with united again but this policy requires me to go through the PCP each time and doesnt fully cover any scans.
so, what sort of a policy do i need to look for ,for next year, tht will match with what i had earlier when i was employed,..

hi
i was working for a small company until last year that had < 5 employees.
i had a united health insurance with them at that time.that covered pretty much all tests and scan that my wife had to go through for her pre pregnancy checks as she had complications. we dont even have to go through the PCP and this was prior to the implementation of the market place.
i left the company and now am self employed with my own LLC..purchased a individual policy with united again but this policy requires me to go through the PCP each time and doesnt fully cover any scans.
so, what sort of a policy do i need to look for ,for next year, tht will match with what i had earlier when i was employed,..

Going to depend on a variety of factors such as:

- What state you are in since options vary from state to state.
- Income and what premium range you are comfortable with

There are no magic plans. Mostly with Silver and Bronze I tell everyone to expect most services to be subject to deductible and coinsurance. Buy a plan that has an out of pocket maximum that you can handle and has the doctors you need. If you have a relationship with the PCP, chances are they will refer you without having to go for a visit.

Back