M.E. Andrews Insurance

LVGUY

Expert
I have done a search for them and have come up empty. They are located in Anaheim Hills, CA and am a nationwide insurance agency since 1974. They sell health, group health, Med Supps, dental and life over phone. Has anyone had any positive or negative experiences with them.

i tried them out at the end of last year and it didnt work out for me. The way they work is that they do health ins over the phone. They have a search engine in which potential clients request for information on health insurance. You get contracted with them and give them your best phone number. Once accepted they have an initial 3 day training online. What I didnt like was that it was strictly work from home. The phone number that you provided becomes a dialer in which is ringing off the hook from 8am to about 8pm. I made a mistake that I gave them my cell number and it became a nightmare with calls in which I basically could not stop them even with the dialer program they make you download on the computer. I do have positives and negatives about ME Andrews

Positives

1. If you can work from home with discipline this might work out for you.
2. You must be computer savy as everything is done over the phone and online. You must convince your client to purchase online with you guiding them.
3. Must be a fast learner as the training might be confusing at 1st, suggested to go to training twice in order to get the system.
4. No cold calling as it is done thru a dialer that connects to your phone.
5. No driving heck you might work with just underwear on.....lol

Dissadvantage
1. say goodbye to your contact phone as it becomes a prisoner of the dialer.
2. if your old school, this might not work out for you since you have to be computer and internet savy.
3. not much help other than the training.
4. In order to make money, you must not only sell health insurance but add dental, critical illness, accident plans in order to make good money. You will starve in health insurance alone so must be good in convincing your client in combo plans.
5. if your a face to face person like I am, it is hard to adjust and have a sense that they might be your client for short term as you might not build rapport with them.
6. Even though you get residuals, the clients belong to ME Andrews if you leave the company.

Hope this helps, they are legit just with pros and cons.:)

Are they captive? Can you be involve with other companies? What was their commission like? Were you able to sell any? Did you find the leads easy to sell?

They are not captive. I guess you can be involved with other companies but it will be hard since the dialer is ringing non stop 6 days a week. The hardest thing is having them purchase over the phone and follow your sharing screen with the client. I dont remember the commissions right off the back and I didnt sell any policies. Just remember that the clients are not yours unless you purchase the book of business from them. If your good on the phones, be discipline working from home and internet and computer savy, it will work for you.

Thanks. I'm not familiar with dialer. Are those live people calling in? So if you were disciplined. Etc. Are those constant lead, potential clients calling in? What happens if your on the phone.. Would it then kick the call to another available agent? Actually now that I think about it, that must be like a message giving you leads because most people just fill out info to be called back. When you say you didn't sell any, did you attempt to? If so around how many? Is there a high rate of people not buying that was talked to? Also I think they advertise $5k a mOnth.. I can't remember now. Have you heard if they have a good amount of agents that are successful? Looks like from their website, they also sell life?

Last edited:
M.E. Andrews is a captive agency ... I am one of the principals of the company ...

With respect to the 'dialer' ... It is an automatic system that when a lead comes in, your phone will ring ...

The leads are 'fresh leads', defined as submitted a request in the last day or so ... Other leads are call-in's ...

As in any area of the insurance business ... Success usually boilss down to your follow through and your persistency ...

Agents that work with prospects to turn them into applicants and stay with them through the application process will do well ...

We sell most products over the phone ... But as with most things, it depends on the value of a sale ... Would I drive/fly just about anywhere for a $20,000 term life sale, probably ....

But for a 20 year old buying a dental plan, not as likely ... I meet with clients/prospects frequently, but speak to more over the phone than I ever could have met face to face ...

But either way, for most products, you will be able to sell them over the phone with your client sitting at their computer ... Be it major medical insurance, group insurance, term/whole/universal life, Medicare related plans, dental/vision or P&C products ...

We have many agents that have been and are successful ...
We work with over 100 different insurers and are licensed in every state ...

If you have any other questions, please feel free to fire away ...

News to me that they are "captive", to my understanding they were not, anyhow might of learn something today....lol

The dialer depending on the time of day, you do get a lot of voicemails and answering machines. Basically your contact number rings off the hook and you get calls from all over the state or states that you are licensed. The calls do get routed if your busy and if you do get a hold of someone then you have the right to claim the lead by going to another process. Complicated system at 1st learning all these procedures online, if your a fast learner then might work out for you. The key like the previous post said is that your client has to be online for you to share screen in making a sale. Commissions I believe are somewhat low but something has to give if your number is ringing.

I did attempt to make a couple of sales and you are encourage to on your 1st day, basically that is the only way you will get used to their system in stumbling a couple of times until you get it right. Like in any company, everyone claims successful agents. Life is one of their products but their bread and butter is Health and Dental. Key is to sell life, CI and Accident along with Health and Dental.

Right now Im involved in an agency that is similar to ME Andrews but with better commission percentage, better support and deal more with face to face sales and most importantly is that you get to keep your book of business if you leave. Still give ME Andrews a chance, if it doesnt work out for you then you can PM for more info.

Last edited:
Well ... I will have to disagree ... I think comissions are fairly high for the back office support, access to to anyone on the management team during most hours of the day via phone/email/IM, and access to just about any company (exluding any captive only carriers) for products, along with management systems, phone system and quoting systems ...

But then ... I am slightly biased ;)

We are an old-fashioned agency, not a broker ... So if you would like more details feel free to shoot me an email and we can disccuss it over the phone ...

Back