Marketplace 1 Agent 0

FRJ

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
IL
Anybody have a contact or a method to climb up the healthcare call center chain of command? I have an issue that I battled the rep with and basically it boils down to that because XYZ option doesn't appear on the drop down menu of whatever system she uses then trying to accomplish anything in regards to XYZ is impossible. Am I too much of an optimist to believe that this can't be an absolute dead end?

She then refused, blocked, evaded, dodged and weaved to keep me from trying to reach anybody that might be able to help or at least take steps to remedy the situation...as it surely will happen again.

And for those of you that will ask -

The problem is that my client wants to change plans with her current carrier but the carrier has stopped selling plans on the marketplace because they hit their enrollment quota. The carrier's rep told me that my client could make the switch through the exchange but we'd have to talk to someone and if they (the hc.gov rep) didn't know what to do then we should have them escalate the matter using their "HICS" system or whatever. That darn system is what creates the current dead end.

PS has to be through exchange because she' subsidy eligible.

:err:

I saw something similar to this with Assurant pulling out of the MP in 2015. Are there other carriers in her area?

If there are...go that route.

If there not...she's stuck.

I saw something similar to this with Assurant pulling out of the MP in 2015. Are there other carriers in her area?

If there are...go that route.

If there not...she's stuck.

I agree. Not worth the ulcers that the Marketplace will give you. A health insurer "reaching their quota" means that the company is in deep poop. More importantly the bills to her providers might not get paid, and they'll harass her for YEARS.

Get her to another carrier b4 1.31.2016. There's a VERY good chance that she'll thank you for it later!

I agree. Not worth the ulcers that the Marketplace will give you. A health insurer "reaching their quota" means that the company is in deep poop. More importantly the bills to her providers might not get paid, and they'll harass her for YEARS.

Get her to another carrier b4 1.31.2016. There's a VERY good chance that she'll thank you for it later!

Unfortunately the plan she wants to switch to is the only one that covers ALL her doctors (several) as in-network. I'll post a follow up if there is a positive resolution to this one. :SLEEP:

Back