Mega Strikes Again NASE/UGA/HEALTHMARKETS

MIBizInsurance said:
OMG!

Here in SE, MI they cover every pole in eye sight with those stupid ass signs.

This is what they do in my neck of the woods......

NASESUX4SM.jpg

What are the basic highlights or should I say lowlights of a Mega policy?

Was thinking about calling and getting a quote but will have to hold off till things slow down. Sell biz insurance and from now till Jan. its non-stop.

Have to say may still call I enjoy hearing sales pitch's.

MIBizInsurance said:
What are the basic highlights or should I say lowlights of a Mega policy?

Was thinking about calling and getting a quote but will have to hold off till things slow down. Sell biz insurance and from now till Jan. its non-stop.

Have to say may still call I enjoy hearing sales pitch's.

what...you think they will quote you over the phone.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

No, No. Figure an outfit like that would demand to give me "personalized attention" :wink:

If it was over the phone I'd do it in a heartbeat. Really don't want to make time to meet someone at a coffe shop.

Hmmm, will have to have Wife do it...

Well, she's always wanting to get more involved with what I do :twisted:

what are you looking for.....several of us are well versed in NASE.....WE ARE SO GOOD other sites are linking us to make the point...

http://www.pdxtc.com/wpblog/archives/31

and check out the first comment left and by who......

43 Comments comment here

Learn your facts please before you publish sutch rubbish.

-Grandson

Comment by Charles Jensen — November 8, 2005 @ 11:47 pm

IÂ’m sorry if I hurt your feelings Charles, but facts are facts. True Washington may now allowed a revised policy to be sold, but the product just isnÂ’t very good.

and thereÂ’s no T in such

Comment by Scott — November 9, 2005 @ 5:13 am

I agree, nase is a jokeÂ… screwing over thousands and thousands of poor citizens every yearÂ… yes, ask the max out of pocketÂ… but nase agents will probably lieÂ… they always doÂ… i know, because 13 years ago i started with nase and was told to say as muchÂ….now as a broker, i love replaceing them

Comment by charles — November 17, 2005 @ 4:06 pm

NASE is a joke, Mega Life and Health is a rip-off.
There has not been a cent on the dollar in payments for medical expenses by this company to us in the past seven years.
We are in the process of hiring an attorney to fight a recent claim that was denied by Mega amounting to over $200k.
We are canceling our policyÂ…

Comment by George — November 22, 2005 @ 8:42 pm

I was told that I could not change my effective date until ” thirty days before/after anniversary date ” on my existing policy with Mega. Diagnosed with liver failure 0n 3/04/05, I could not change policy until 12/23 which was effective date of orignally purchased policy on 12/23/93. My dealings with Mega after the fact has changed their policy-too late for me!

Comment by Tom — December 6, 2005 @ 8:24 am

Was the purpose of this post to mark Mr. Jensen’s passing or to trash his business practices? You can criticize his company (which he did not run single-handedly) but as a person he was generous, patient and empowering. I worked for one of the UICI companies and was staggered by the trust and good intention he invested in us–not to mention the financial support.

[Name ANY insurance company that runs on ethics. Just one, IÂ’ll waitÂ…]

Comment by Susan — December 28, 2005 @ 3:38 pm

I do believe he was generous, patient and empowering, and I never heard a single ill spoken word about him.

The purpose of this post was to mark his passing, and also to make potential buyers aware of their huge limitations with Mega health insurance, which many agents simply do not point out.

Buyers have a responsibility to be informed, and many do not take the time to learn what theyÂ’re buying.

YouÂ’re right, the entire insurance industry is a slimy one, and it seems that ethics seldom play a part in their decision making. IÂ’m glad to be out of it.

Comment by Scott — December 30, 2005 @ 8:18 am

There are plenty of stories about how MEGA Health Insurance saved an individual or a family from financial ruin. Is a max out of pocket of $12,000.00 a “limitation” on a $300,000.00 hospitalization? Come on! I know these stories, and I often share them with potential clients. As for lying unscrupulous agents, an individual’s morals and values go with them, whatever the company they work for. They were that way before, and they will continue to be that way after MEGA. Those of you who have not had longevity with the company are gone for a reason; those with longevity have built trusted clienteles by helping other people and writing one app at a time.

Comment by Emma — January 10, 2006 @ 8:55 pm

I have read some of these obviously uneducated rebutals on this flog. I am a licensed agent for Mega Life & Health, and have gone thru thier training.I could ask each and everyone of these people a few questions and I would end up selling them our product.
I myself learned the old sales technique of features &
benefitts. Mega is the only Insurance Co. that I am aware of that will give your money back if not used!!!!
Insurance is asset protection. How much is your life worth??? Then why would you not buy good Insurance??
I will build your policy to what you are able to afford. Now why would you not spend the money for a good policy. The above complainers, I would not want to insure. They want the cadalic policy for vw price.
Here is my web site Call for a no BS quote.
www.naseweb.com/markapage.htm
I bet you wonÂ’t put web address on your screen
you have my premission to take it off if you like
Be prepared for the reality of truth.
Thanx MP

Comment by Mark — January 11, 2006 @ 6:55 am

Emma says theres a $12,000 max out of pocket

Good point Emma, but YOU SOUND HONEST. The 12,000 max is an option, easily left off by an agent to lower premium.

ThatÂ’s been my whole point with all these posts. Buyers, always ask your agent before you sign anything what the Max OOP is, and review the exclusions and limitations.

When I sold Mega there was NO max OOP. Now theyÂ’ve added one, but itÂ’s a RIDER. An OPTION. That allows unscrupulous agents to leave it off in order to make the sale. The Max OOP should be mandatory so agents cannot screw people!

Mark writes “Mega is the only Insurance Co. that I am aware of that will give your money back if not used” That again is true, but ONLY WITH AN RIDER ADDED which increases cost.
Marks website link is bad too, I did not mess with it.

It is the buyers responsibility to know what theyÂ’re getting, so ask questions.

The fact is I am NOT slamming Mega here, just opening peoples eyes as to wehat to ask.

They are simply not the best choice for anything other than saving money. By the time you add all the riders, the price is way up there.

Also, the max Mega benefits are still very low compared to the competition.

Mega says “More than 95% of hospital bills are less than 50k” so getting Mega is just a little bit of a gamble that is likely to save you money.

With that logic, if you put your Mega premium money into a coffee can instead, youÂ’re taking just a little bigger gamble and saving WAY more money!

My own(IÂ’m self employed) family got a high deductible MSA (Now called an HSA) plan. This allows for 100% deductibility of not only my premiums, but ALL dental medical, prescription and vision needs.

The total cost was about 15% less per month than the best plan Mega had to offer, and has a limit of 6 million lifetime instead of one million lifetime.

Do your homework before you buy! And get anonymous side by side quotes here http://www.oregonhealthinsurance.net

Comment by Scott — January 11, 2006 @ 8:14 am

You’re a “consultant”?……In the insurance
industry??? SoÂ….what is your day job??

steve

Comment by steve — January 11, 2006 @ 9:07 pm

Nope, not in the insurance industry. Clearly not, if youÂ’d read the top of the page.

I made one post about Mega back when I was getting this blog going, and one here when Mr. Jensen passed.

This thing has taken on a life of it’s own, and wan’t intended to be a “slam Mega” forum.

IÂ’m closing comments on this post, but IÂ’ll still repeatÂ…

Buyers, always ask your agent before you sign anything what the Max Out of Pocket is for youreslf, and for all family members, in a calendar year, and then closely review the exclusions and limitations. Read them carefully for any health insurance you ever buy.

Comment by Scott — January 11, 2006 @ 10:11 pm

mega life and health is the best insurance company out there, I should know iÂ’m there agent. out of all the plp i signed up not one ever call me up on a complaint only just to thank me for helping out, and i signed up hundreds of plp. if you guys just take a min or two to sit down and read other insurance planÂ’s out there youÂ’ll be wishing that you were on our plan. and just to top it off the good thing about our planÂ’s is that we have no yearly ded its not like your going to be dishing out money every year just to have your plan kick into effect, for all the calender deductibles out there i think its just a waste of your money

Comment by Tim — January 19, 2006 @ 9:57 pm

ThatÂ’s quite an endorsement from Tim, who of course leaves no contact info, no last name, or even the state in which he sells.

No yearly deductible? Wow. Sound like an odd plan to me. Do your homework, people.

Comment by Scott — January 20, 2006 @ 6:52 am

Mega is a ripoff. . .NASA is a ripoff. I got the coverage when I started my own business 9 years ago. . .the premium was $125. After regular premium raises, I open my mail today to find IÂ’m now going to be charged, are you ready?. . .$923 per month!!!. . .for a single individual with NO health issues, no claims but for regular checkup testing. But now I canÂ’t get other coverage as IÂ’ve been diagnosed with a totally benign condition according to my Dr. IÂ’ve been turned down by each insurer IÂ’ve tried to get so IÂ’m trapped in this useless, cheap-ass, outrageously priced piece-of-crap policy.

Comment by Monty — January 21, 2006 @ 4:46 pm

To Monty, go to the risk pool in your state, they must take you and the rate will be much less!!

Comment by charles — January 22, 2006 @ 4:25 pm

Scott, I got sucked into their “College” life insurance scam. Sounded good at the time when the salesman was at our home. Now that I have really looked at it (several years later) I decided to cancel it since there are so many better options for life insurance. I did really well with General American. They were purchased by Met Life and the courts made Gen. Am. distribute assets. Got some nice checks out of that. Still waiting for my “cash value” check from Mega Life. I have heard that Northwestern is a good company also but have not had any experience with them.

Comment by Greg — January 26, 2006 @ 6:39 pm

blah,blah,blah what they donÂ’t tell you when your an agent is that no matter how hard you work and sell their insurance if you leave nase or mega as an agent they want every penny back. I was an agent and then wised up to the scam. My lawyers are having a hay day with this one. Still donÂ’t see how itÂ’s legal to get someone to work for a pay check only to have the company want the money back. No wonder they are so rich. Be carefull who you work for in the evil corporate world people.

Comment by paul — January 31, 2006 @ 9:34 pm

Thank You for those who have emailed this site. I was doing my homework prior to an interview with mega life.This will give me a few questions.The hour or so I will spend with them should make me a better life and health agent.I live in a small community and I value my relationships.Great commision checks for a year or two do not make your career.[I will also check the other major health insurance providers]

Comment by kurt — February 19, 2006 @ 11:03 pm

NASE is a great company and IÂ’ve been working for them for over 3 yrs selling health insurance from mega life and health.
Instead of all the confussion about insurance coverage being good or notÂ…The insurance commisssioners office should give true comparisons of the policyÂ’s sold in the states, that would stop all this confussion as to the value and pitfalls of all the insurance companyÂ’s policyÂ’s sold in the statesÂ…
Also anyone who joins the sales force and does not know that this job is a commission advance ,untill we reach our residual has there head in a cloud, and most people including scott in responce to the product we sell being good, I did not hear anythig so far ,of other insurance being better and telling us why the other company is better as I am looking at insurance for myself and have not been able to get anything
better for what i could afford ,that covers while im workingÂ…Please show me so that I can compare as iÂ’ve already compared with most already and donÂ’t know of anything else out thereÂ….

Comment by Stan — February 23, 2006 @ 2:15 pm

I am an attorney who has successfully filed lawsuits against NASE & MEGA. I have helped both agents and victims. I am also familiar with Cornerstone and Midwest Insurance Co. If you would like a free consultation, please email me at [email protected]

Comment by Attorney — February 25, 2006 @ 6:21 pm

I am currently in a sales position that offers me insurance added to my base, I have been taking this policy at $3900 a year. This seems way to high for a 23 year old male with no past medical history. A life long friend of mine is going to start for MEGA next monday and I told him I would cancel my plan with United Health Care in April and give him my Health Insurance. Not only does this now seem like a terrible idea, but I am wondering if I should tell him to find another job because this MEGA sounds like a chop-shop. ALA J.T. Marlin in the movie Boiler Room.

Comment by Chuck — March 3, 2006 @ 10:56 am

Nice analogy. And $3900 a year seems pretty steep to me too!

iÂ’m not an agent anymore, but I offer anonymous quotes for all states through Ehealthinsurance here http://www.oregonhealthinsurance.net if youÂ’re looking to compareÂ…

Comment by Scott — March 3, 2006 @ 11:36 am

I would like to know why so many people think that NASA is the samething as NASE. First of all if you are going to use an acronym, get it straight. N A S E Â….NASA is a govt program and you will never see insurance coverage from them. Seconandly Scott, if you didnÂ’t want anything said about Mr. JensenÂ’s passing, you shouldnÂ’t have mentioned it along with the company. You could have just put up a simple posting stating that he had passed. I have been with UICI for a very short time, and the company even after his passing is so family oriented!!! Everyone just needs to wisen up! Health insurance in the US is not the greatest no matter what. If youÂ’re not on a govt plan, NOTHING is 100% paid for!! EVERYONE needs to do their homework and look at the cost of premiums and costs of doctors visits and surgeries. Most people never think of the cost of premiums because a company is helping to pay for them, and then they have to go with a company like Mega or Midwest and they think it is so expensive. Now, I agree, NASE and AFS and all the other associations are just a front to help the agents get in the door, but look at the small amount that the association memberships cost. At most a membership costs $50 a month. Seriously people DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by No Name — March 15, 2006 @ 10:28 pm

Why is it that all the happy employees of UICI and Mega seldom leave their names on their comments?

Yes, all you Mega employees, you are right. If people would just “do their homework” and “read and understand” their policies, then they would not be surprised when they owe 5 figures after a 3 day hostopital stay. The fact is, that they don’t. Instead, they trust their sales people.

As soon I figured out what to avoid saying so I could get the sale, I started selling like crazy, and also couldnÂ’t sleep at night.

ThatÂ’s why I left Mega and even had to repay thousands of dollars in advances to avoid a collection agency. (I owed Mega about $13,000 and they settled for just over $4400)

The problem here is not really Mega or UICI. The Mega policy is quite clear about what is covered, and Mega pays what itÂ’s supposed to.

The problem is that some of the AGENTS will say (and avoid saying) anything they can just to get the sale, and that same thing could be true of any company.

Comment by Scott — March 16, 2006 @ 7:42 am

I signed up with Nase/Mega for health insurance today. I did ask the salesman what the max out of pocket per year is, but like a good saleman, he talked all around the question until I forgot the original question.

Comment by mj — March 16, 2006 @ 10:16 am

Question: A lot of you are basing your opinion on MegaÂ’s max out of pocket limitations, does anyone here have any complaints about them paying to doctors or hospitals?

The reason I ask is this: I am considering a policy from Mega for my wife and child. I donÂ’t sign anything unless I see it in writing and I asked the agent what the maximum OOP would be. He told me $20,000 which seems like a honest answer given your responses here. I can get insurance through my workplace with Anthem Blue Cross, but the cost for my wife and son (who are both healthy) is $10,980 a year. That is not a misprint folks, this is what the big guys are charging and I know that is a legitimate number because it matches my last employers figs with Anthem as well (my last employer being the state of Virginia).

So IF Mega does pay as they say to Drs, RXs and hospitals and $20,000 OOP is the max then I still see myself as much better off. The annual savings by switching to MEGA is $8280. Like I said, you canÂ’t predict anything, but my wife and son are healthy and if we go for 3 years like this and paid out the Max OOP once during that time, IÂ’d break about even wouldnÂ’t you say?

My point is: even though the OOP is high, if they pay the bills, it can still be a valauble option as a short term policy(6 mo- 2 years).

Any input?

Comment by Chris — March 26, 2006 @ 3:33 am

I have a Certificate of Assumption from The Mega Life and Health Insurance Company dated Sept 30, 1994. This is attached to a paid up Life Insurance policy from a long time ago that should have a value on it. Who do you recommend I contact to cash this in or to at least update the beneficiaries and to verify that they have not “sold” our policy on to someone else. Thanks for your help.

Comment by Doris — March 29, 2006 @ 5:13 pm

YouÂ’re welcome, but I have no business even giving an opinion on that, because I know absolutely nothing about it.

If I were you, IÂ’d contact Mega themselves first, and see if they can satisfy youÂ…

Comment by Scott — March 29, 2006 @ 5:37 pm

Chris -
re:20k max OOP -

$20k OOP does not sound unreasonable at all, when you consider 10k assured annually for Blue Cross.

IÂ’d encourage you to look at the exclusions and limitations too, t osee what may not be covered.

My Oregon policy most sold was a $3000 or $5000 deductible, and then they paid 80% of “covered expenses”: UP TO $x a DAY for room and board, and UP TO $x for the surgeon, UP TO $x for the anastesiologist etc. That was right in the policy, then $100% of everything past 100k.

Realistically, in Oregon, those “up to” ammounts for room, board, surgeon etc. were listed way too low, so the ACTUAL OOP ended up being much higher.

That said, compared to a $10k annual policy, after adding the deductible, even $40k out of pocket is not that bad a deal for some, and I BELIEVE THAT MEGA CAN STILL BE A GOOD VALUE FOR SOMEONE AS LONG AS THEY CAN ASSUME THAT MUCH RISK.
The odds are in your favor that youÂ’ll stay healthy anyway.

My gripe was that so much money is out of most peoples range, and they would be completely surprised by that amount after a large claim.

When I would honestly explain the real potential risk amounts, beyond the individual policy limitations (the “up to’s), very few people were willing to gamble.

Chris, it sounds like youÂ’ve thought it out, and understand the risk clearly.

To answer your question, I never had a problem with Mega paying to the doctors what they were supposed to pay. Good job, and good luck.

Comment by Scott — March 31, 2006 @ 8:10 am

I was going to sign a policy tonight with Mega, but after reading some of this stuff I called my salesmanÂ’s machine and left a message that it would have to wait until IÂ’ve done some more research. The fact is that any company as big as Mega is bound to tick some customers off so the info on here was not enough to make me say no. The fact that he didnÂ’t call me back worries me more than anything written on here.

The bottom line is that the health insurance industry itself is out of control. Everyones plans are different and it leads to confussion which allows for deception. If the government doesnÂ’t want to provide health care then they should at least step in and clean up this mess with some very clear outlines. They like to tell us that health care is so expensive these days because of malpractice suits and bankruptcies, but donÂ’t even mention the golf course dealings that go on between the insurance companies and the health care providers. Do you think the insurance companies really pay $200 for a bottle of Zoloft? That regular price is so high because of the insurance companies. The uninsured are paying for everything. We in this contry believe in free markets and I donÂ’t believe that this industry is operating as one. It needs to be torn down and rebuilt. Period.

Comment by Eric J. — March 31, 2006 @ 4:12 pm

It is unbelieveable what a HUGE scam this company is! And the worst part is… my friend is an agent. She knowingly signed me up for the “great” insurance, and as a friend I trusted her. I ended up paying $4000 for three months of insurance because this company is junk and they refuse to pay claims. I just can’t believe my “friend” can sleep at night knowing she scams people out of money!

Comment by Jessica — April 4, 2006 @ 11:44 am

IÂ’m not sure if anyone in here know of a company called BlackStone. It not look it up. They have traditionally been a M&A company (mergers & Acq). Do the research yourself and find out what company BlackStone just boughtÂ… UGA or the UICI brand. They bought the entire company and made it private. Translation for those of you new to M&A.
Blackstone DOES NOT make poor investments. They eliminate any potential misshaps by buying and more importantly controlling the entire entity. To who ever is writting comments about UICI or UGA or MEGA (all subsidiaries) understand that a company that is worth over a $100 billion saw true and real value in a UICI.

BlackStone is who I would consider the EXPERT in matters concerning UICI/MEGA life and Health. On the other hand, if your investment portfolio is worth $101 billion, I may reconsider my position.
Get ready for some amazing advancements in the Health Insurance Game.

I speak as a shareholder in the new BlackStone acqusition!! The stock (UIC) is frozen at $37, if you care to investigate. A five year plan is typical with BlackStone and you will see a re-amerging IPO that may reach $70-100/share. IÂ’m not an expert, just a know a good thing when it keeps performing time and again.

Oh yeah, I have MEGA HEALTH for me, my wife, my kids, my business associates, and several of my staff. Really anyone who truly weighs his/her options in the marketplace buys on VALUE not a total OOP (out of pocket) as IÂ’ve seen argued in this forum. This forum is a good indicator of the miss-information that most people base a purchasing disision.

ou donÂ’t purchase something as vital as Health Insurance, you INVEST in the best plan for YOU, with the most upside and long-term plan in place. I love that my family gets a ROP (return of premium) on our Health coverage. Good luck to all in this forum, and know that no company is perfect, no person is perfect, so itÂ’s o.k. to not understand something. However, take into account ALL the facts.

PSÂ…
Ron Jensen, who is so shamefully degraded post mortem, was and is a stong influence in my and my famalies lives. I forgive those that say unqualified and unjust things in his name. IÂ’m sorry you never knew him.

Comment by Brent — April 14, 2006 @ 8:26 am

Thanks for posting -
HereÂ’s where I agree with you -

UICI / or Mega, Blackstone, is likely a good investment. They make money consistently. (In fact, when I walked away, I had to pay over $4000 cash and I lost my stock options) I never claimed they didnÂ’t make money.

I donÂ’t really disagree with this -

…”anyone who truly weighs his/her options in the marketplace buys on VALUE not a total OOP (out of pocket) as I’ve seen argued in this forum.”

or with this -

“…you don’t purchase something as vital as Health Insurance, you INVEST in the best plan for YOU, with the most upside and long-term plan in place.”

However -

ItÂ’s still about your out of pocket. OOP. You obviously have a high enough risk tolerance that a $40,000 bill wonÂ’t bankrupt you.

The unlikelyhood of a catastrophy happening, makes Mega a great choice for many people like you.

In fact playing the odds as youÂ’re doing with the ROP (Return of Premium) is a great thing, but again, only if you have the money to risk on a huge OOP.

Yes, the odds are way in your favor, that you wonÂ’t have a disaster, but people are not made aware of this possiblilty when they buy Mega.

The answer to “why is Mega insurance cheaper?” is not just the “power of a large group” but also because there’s a big coverage hole.

If you can afford the gamble on the slight possibility of a massive bill, then by all means, save the premium dollars.

I just want people to be aware of the potential, like you seem to beÂ…

and -
I reread my post, and I assume this is what you call shameful -

…”steering tens of thousands of innocent business owners into believing they are getting high quality insurance with Mega life and health.”

I gotta tell ya, I stand by it. The key to success at Mega was not to fully disclose the risk. I was not trained to lie, or to mislead, or to be dishonest.

But if I tried to show potential client the tiny risk of a large cash outlay, and explain that the odds were in their favor, most people bailed.

If I wanted to sleep at night, I had to get out, and I did.

Comment by Scott — April 14, 2006 @ 1:53 pm

You may be interested in a detailed issue brief dealing with MEGA and other insurers marketing through “discretionary associations”. It is entitled “The Illusion of Group Health Insurance: Discretionary Associations” and was posted by Families USA, one of the most highly thought of nonprofit consumer advocacy organizations in March 2004.

http://www.familiesusa.org/assets/pdfs/Disc_brief_summary350f.pdf

Comment by Larry — April 23, 2006 @ 12:57 pm

I am a Mega insurance rep. I try and tell my perspective clients everything. The number one issue is “out of pocket expense.” There are different products with different benefits and different premiums. It is my job to help other people everyday (H.O.P.E.) and determine what fits well with the client. I recognize that integrity needs to be returned to this arena of business and as a result of being forthright I have helped many people and received many referrals. Thank you. Jim

Comment by Jim — April 26, 2006 @ 7:01 am

I am looking for a lawyer to help me with Mega Health & Life. They have not wanted to cover my medical bills. I need help!!!!!!!!!
Rosemary Roessling
[email protected]

Comment by rosemary roessling — April 26, 2006 @ 3:01 pm

This is a great testimony. Mark from post number 9 has obviously left the company. If you click on his link it goes to his managers page. This is typical, when an agent at Mega - or HealthMarket - (they changed their name because of pages like this)they start to fight against the negative press and posts eventually they see the light and leave for much greener pastures. Meaning better plans to sell, and much better compensation.

Comment by Mike — July 8, 2006 @ 6:09 am

I cannot speak intelligently on the product/service that MEGA/UGA/NASE offers, I was just trained to sell it. I am not one to up and turn on a company, in fact I am a loyalist, but I feel I was lied to and cheated by these people. I was very forthright in my interview with this company when i told them that I needed a steady job with steady pay.

They hired me fresh out of college and I didnt have two dimes to rub together. 100% commissions was just not an option for me at the time. The leaders of this company were very sympathetic and compassionate towards my situation and boasted about how they paid their employees 74 times per year and handed out “qualified leads” every week.

They told me is all I had to do was pay the $300 for their training and $350 for the state insurance class and exam (all of this money i had to borrow). After I went through the state course and finished the state exam, I began their training.

That is when they decided to actually explain their payment scheme and revealed to me that it was in fact 100% commissions and you have to pay for their qualified leads, which I could not afford. The leads that they gave me were anywhere from 3-10 years old, and many of the people that I called on were DEAD.

After struggling for over a month trying to close a deal I completely ran out of money and didnt even have gas to get to work. I tried to call the leaders of this company to tell them why I had to leave and how unsatisfied I was with how everything played out and none of them would even call me back. I was insulted and outraged that I was just taken to the cleaners by a company that claims to be honest and forthright and NON-PROFIT.

I cannot tell anyone what to do and what decisions to make, but if they will do this to someone that works for them imagine what they will do to you. I did not know Ron Jensen so I will not discredit his name, but if he is half as good of a man that all of you say he is then YOU are then ones disgracing him with your “drag a dollar through the door” philosophy. There is a right and a wrong way to do a job and I am still trying to unlearn the things that I was taught while working at UGA.

Comment by Ron — July 18, 2006 @ 7:58 am

Mega Life is a MEGA joke, I sold for 6 months with these thieves and realized if I wanted to keep my license I would quit and I did.

Comment by peter — July 18, 2006 @ 5:00 pm

IÂ’m looking for someone in the massachusetts/new hampshire/rhode island region who has had coverage problems with Mega Life. IÂ’m researching a story. Please respond!

LS

Comment by Lynn Solters — July 19, 2006 @ 9:06 am

My question is for Peter, and other agents that left MegaÂ… Did you really have to pay back your advances, even if the clients remained on the books?
Thanks,
Laura

Comment by Laura — August 18, 2006 @ 9:22 am

When I left Mega (2002), they sent me a bill for about $13,000 giving me 30 days to pay or they would send me to collections.

I telephoned them, and we settled on 30 cents on the dollar, and had to write a check for about $4400 FedExed within 72 hours. It was worth it to be able to sleep at nightÂ…

Thanks. Was able to pull out some good info.

Once I get ready to hit the health side will need to get more specifics so at that time will have to terrorize an agent.

Like to know enemy so to say.

Latest posts

Back