Mega Strikes Again NASE/UGA/HEALTHMARKETS

If the *** hits the fan on them, they call Blue Cross and get instant coverage

GI states are screwed up. Last time I checked there were 5, mostly in the NE area. The ones I am aware of are MA, NH, VT, ME & NY. All but MA have community rating which is even more screwy.

A few more, CA & WI (believe I am correct) have open enrollments when anyone can come in regardless of health.

If I were in those states I would have to find another way to make a living.

Mass-guy said:
First of all, I don't work for Mega/MW so I can't print you a quote sheet. The plans that you see on the DOI site aren't Signature. They are $700 deductible per year and 100% beyond that. That includes Doctors visits, tests, physicals, ER, everything. There might be a small copay for RX, but even that gets waived after a certain number of scripts. I don't know of anyone that has bought it because of the price. But sometimes my clients do wind up with Sig plans or MW PPO that falls into that 400-600 range for a mid 35 yr old family. That plan is a reasonable alternative when compared to HMO rates in Mass.

Wait til that family becomes 40 or 50 or even 60. Then even the low option HMOs become unreasonable in price.

Last night I had drinks with a guy that just sold his business. I've handled all the business and personal insurance for them for about 8 years. Their premium for their health insurance was 1900 per month. They are 58 and 56, no kids. Perfect health, no meds. Now should they consider UICI when they can find 5K hospitalization plan for 600-700? They don't go to the doctor except for the physical. No testing, nothing. If the *** hits the fan on them, they call Blue Cross and get instant coverage.

Well if you don't work for Mega then you'd have no earthly clue as to what Signature would cost - nor would you know that the quoted rates on the DOI site are $700 deductible and everything included since the benefits aren't stated.

Listen, I still have a few friends with UGA. I got ahold of one of them today and asked them about a Signature plan in MA for a family of 4 in their mid-30's for under $600. He started laughing at me. He said he could barely hit that rate with a stripped indemnity plan. I think you're getting very bad info. Again, Signature in Maryland when I was selling it for a family in their mid-thirties was OVER $600. That was four years ago and that was fully underwritten. Heck - I couldn't hit $400 with Health Choice unless I did $400 R&B.

All of them are only concerned about their stock. I have two friends still there - one in for 8 years one in for 10. One of them made me laugh when they said it's like prison sentence "only 18 months to go." Neither or them are barely selling anything - just biding time. I don't say as I can blame them. One of them, if he quit, would be walking away from over $400,000 in stock.

I know the drill. If you're still not with Mega you either got fired or couldn't cut it.

I had a friend in my old division who walked into his district mananger's office, told him he didn't want to work for Mega anymore, they shook hands and he went home. Not a few days later it was spread around the entire office that he was terminated by UGA. About three weeks later he gets a letter from Mega stated his appointment was terminated. He contacted his former manager who stated that they had received complaints from clients about him. He wanted to see the complaints and UGA said they were priveledged client commuications. He asked if he had received complaints why they never informed me while he was with UGA. They said "the complaints just came in."

Yeah.....right.

Tell Healthmarkets that I wish them luck on their latest lawsuit from the attorney general of MA.

Re: John Petrowski - Inaccurate Information

Eric2000 said:
.....well apart from the other sad pathetic losers on this website.

if it takes selling mega to be a winner ........then I the biggest loser of them all........hahahahahaha......

der_hase_mit_der_roten_nase_gr.gif

well apart from the other sad pathetic losers on this website. Keep on postong John. It is very entertaining. :wink:

I at least post with my real name since I have nothing to hide. You'll also see a section on this board where everyone else has disclosed their real name. I don't imagine we'll ever find out yours since you won't stand behind what you post. I don't go back and forth on message boards with cowards.

Re: John Petrowski - Inaccurate Information

Eric2000 said:
Ok John, firstly why don't you tell the truth about why you left Mega? Or should I say why you were told to leave Mega. Secondly a 5k sig plan with 100% co-insurance, ER rider in Greater Boston zip of 01801 for a 35 yo family comes out at $478.31 with NASE premier membership. BCBS basic Blue (no rx) comes out at $703/month. Make that a 36 yo family, Mega stays the same and BCBS jumps another $100. For a healthy family that is more concerned about the catastrophic, doesn't that make perfect sense? Surely someone who claims to be an insurance expert would realise that!!!

Here is the link to BCBS for you.

http://www.bluecrossma-directpay.com/directpay.php

I imagine you are lying about having friends who still work for Mega. With the way you were selling the plan, I doubt you would have any friends.....well apart from the other sad pathetic losers on this website. Keep on postong John. It is very entertaining. :wink:

Who really cares why someone leaves UICI/Healthmarkets?? What's your point Eric2000?? When I left I did because I chose to!! I would rather work 9-5 than peddle that sh*t!!

Eric2000, The signature plan is 100% WITH CAPS!! It's garbage compared to anything major medical! If a family is concerned about catastrophic the show a high deductible HSA...NOT A limited Signature plan!!

Eric you have no credibility on this board therefore you should not be calling others out!! Since you're defending I assume your with UICI. Good luck with that and I hope you don't get burned!

Sad pathetic losers huh? You are a moron buddy!! Please stay away unless you have something to add that might actually help people out on this board!

Back