Mother In Law's Plan Pulled Out of Marketplace.

myinsurebiz

I am what I am . . .
5000 Post Club
Her current plan isn't offered in the Marketplace this year and they don't have a contract with her doctor group any longer.

The 2 plans in her area - her doctors don't have a contract with either.

Does she have options to still qualify for the subsidy some how?

Thanks.

Base on what spouse told me about our market, $450 would be a bargain here.

Two business partners in my office building just got dropped by BCBS after 30 years, they kissed the ground after they found a catastrophic plan for "only" $1500 each a month. Twice as much for half the coverage. Now they are just counting the days to Medicare. $450 a month would have sent them to the moon I think. And these guys are healthy!

I looked at plans outside the marketplace - but they are like $450 friggin $$$$'s . . .

If you're selling mapd plans like me, just think of it as practice. I get calls all of the time from people who are losing their doctor on their mapd plan. I mention that convo we had when they decided to get a mapd over a med supp.
I let them know ahead of time if you value your choice of doctors over your monthly premium, go ahead and do yourself a favor and get a med supp.

Same goes for Indy health under 65. Do you want a wider choice of doctors and to be able to keep yours? Or do you want help paying for your premium?

I know it's family, but it sounds like she'll have to choose. Finding a new dr isn't that big of a deal imo

Latest posts

Back