Need insurance for 24yr old female 5 years out of melanoma

maryjd123

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
wyoming
Yes i know -- probably not -- but

its always worth a try

i need insurance for a 24 yr old female -- she had melanoma stage 4 clarks - skin cancer

since it was removed there has been no reoccurence

i already called a bunch of carriers -- all no

except for the wyoming pool -- anyone else out there? please let me know -- besides a discount plan

mary

This actually brings up an interesting question. I believe that assurant asks "in the past 5 years..." If the client truthfully answers "no" to cancer in the past 5 years, would she then be accepted? How would and how could the carrier use any information not specifically requested for underwriting? If all other answers were "no," at 24 years old she's probably get a policy issued immediately.

If an agent discloses something he learns (such as cancer 6 years ago) and relays this to the company, wouldn't the agent be in violation of privacy laws?

Rick

Most applications I read say no treatment, advice, etc., etc.,

Odds are with skin cancer and a young age she is periodically checked - maybe annually.

I think leaving it off the application could cause some serious liability.

And there's the rub...no treatment, consultations, advice, etc....

You might have had cancer 11 years ago but I'd bet my bottom dollar your doctor has run tests over the years - then it needs to go on the app.

And there's the rub...no treatment, consultations, advice, etc....

You might have had cancer 11 years ago but I'd bet my bottom dollar your doctor has run tests over the years - then it needs to go on the app.
While I've never had skin cancer (or any other kind), when I see my dermatologist to keep myself in the pink, he checks all moles, etc. That's not treatment, consultation, advice, or anything else.

Had I been diagnosed 11 years ago, his exam would be identical. I don't think checking up on things that a normal person would need to be checked up opon (great English!) consitutes treatment, consultation, advice, etc.

I've had doctors tell me not to be in the sun 12 hours a day for months because it can lead to skin cancer. If it does, will I have my policy recinded if I don't mention that I received advice on the application?

I think we're going a little overboard in what consititutes a pre-exisiting condition.

Rick

I don't think checking up on things that a normal person would need to be checked up opon (great English!) consitutes treatment, consultation, advice, etc.

I agree however the insurance company will not.

If this person has skin cancer again, they will pull all medical records, and DOCTORS NOTES and where there is no mention of such condition on the original application - this is a solid case for recision.

Back