Need Suggestions for Something...please!

slick098

Keep getting this Ambulance bill from over a year ago
1. When i went to the E.R they hadn't informed me my health insurance ran out before shipping me off for a 30 minute drive, costing over $2,000
2. I could walk just fine, and could have found a ride very easily to be transferred to another hospital.
3. If i didnt have health insurance, why didn't i get billed for the hospital payments, and only the ambulance when Mass health covers both.
4. I got my health insurance back a couple weeks after this all happened over a year ago.
Any suggestions on what to do, i am not paying $2000 for a 30 minute ride they never warned me about...

If you were insured on that day:

1. then have the ambulance company submit the claim to that carrier, again if necessary.
2. you assumed someone else was paying for it, so you didn't pay attention to the paperwork they made you sign.

If you find out you were NOT insured on that day:

1. You probably wouldn't have gone to the second hospital, a possible liability for the hospital.
2. You assumed it was someone else's responsibility to call/verify with the insurance carrier, when if the visit considered an emergency, you cannot be declined for care.
3. Cash negotiate

You didn't seem to care to follow up to make sure your hospital debt was paid for by a insurance carrier, can I assume you cared the same amount when you were seeking the service?

Yes, that's how much it costs for a 30 mile ride. Should have called Uber-Ambulance services ?

Back