No Commissions from Any Carrier in TN

You must be contracted through Financial PSI like I am.....it frees up the calendar for other things the next couple of months!

Yep got the email from Marilyn on that earlier. Sure stinks because we wrote a fair amount of those last year.

I figured that would happen. I was surprised Humana sent that email out last week saying 3% commission. With Cigna cutting, of course Humana will. Dominoes.

I haven't gotten notification yet. But I bet it will be forthcoming.

Last edited:
I am not looking forward to my renewal and am open to alternatives. I have a house in a county where BCBST is still writing and may move there to keep the HDHP S network. It has always been the lowest premium and our family claims were whatever the claims for routine physicals were.

Too bad you can't know claims ahead of time, $20k in premium could be put to other uses. Add $7500 for an HSA and ouuuuch!! I'm cheap and don't spend 20K when buying a car.

Farm Bureau/TRH has their 2017 ACA compliant rates on their website now. (they have non compliant as well, but it is pretty obviously in the SBC which is which).

Sucks that Indies can't sell them, but I am referring most of my off-ex that require ACA compliant plans with a decent network to them. Trying to do the right thing by my clients, hopefully they will remember that in the future.

You might want to check them out rather than moving your family. Maybe you can work out a referral deal with a local farm bureau agent for products they can't/don't sell. That is what we are doing.

Last edited:
I'm waiting to see what happens in GA as well. I wish they would announce now. I anticipate no commission.

Yes, I'm going to look at FB. Anyone doing business with FB had better see everything the agent promises in writing before making a decision based on the info. The FB agents I've met didn't know enough to come in out of the rain. Several were ignorant in addition to being self-serving. One didn't know about the ACA compliant plans and swore everything was subject to underwriting. I'll review & compare with BCBST since I have that option.

Sure would like to review a sample policy. Their pre aca plans had some very odd language regarding how coverage could be terminated.

I checked the network. We are healthy and have 4 docs for the family. 2 are not in the network. I may move back to my house in the woods since BC still writes the S network in the 2nd ring of counties outside Nashville.

I don't even care about the commission and am just trying to wrap my mind around $20,000 for the cheapest frigging HDHP that used to be available. WTF!!!

Latest posts

Back