No New Commissions BC/BS TN

Yep. Plus losing all commissions on those in the "orange" zone (no chance to renew).

So in the state of Tennessee beginning Nov 1, it will be impossible to earn anything on the sale of an ACA health plan? Seriously? Do they have armies of Obamacare "navigators" there, or how do they expect folks to get any help whatsoever enrolling?

On the exchange in TN, there is only one carrier in the majority of the state and only one or two plans in each tier with that carrier, only one network, etc.

I guess people will just call marketplace or go to hc.gov. I may do the occasional charity case, but I am done with U65 insurance for the most part.

No multi state plans offered either. All plans have only local networks. Good luck if you need specialized care at say Cleveland Clinic. Where will folks get advice, sherpa, insurance companies, you think they will be objective. Many will choose the cheapest and then when they need care they will have a surprise. Or, they will go on line seeking help and get bombarded by US Health Advisors, they own most of the sites folks will go to.

Only 2016 rates are on the .gov site. They sure do screw around and make it difficult. I'm down to a few clients who are friends or were referred by friends. About 50/50 off/on exchange.

Another one bites the dust. Too bad. It was a good run.

Back