Options for Me (financial Advisor)

Davery123

Hey guys I am an advisor.

34 years old. I have an s corp where myselfand full time assistant are employed.

I am looking for a plan to cover us 2
that is basic for major medical and covers something catestphophic. Need the meet the required "minimum essential
Coverage"

I am in good health. Any suggestions?

It would be helpful to know what state you are in (zip code is better), that way the appropriately licensed agents can pipe in. They'll also need age of other employee and probably some more info...good luck! :biggrin:

Hey guys I am an advisor.

34 years old. I have an s corp where myselfand full time assistant are employed.

I am looking for a plan to cover us 2
that is basic for major medical and covers something catestphophic. Need the meet the required "minimum essential
Coverage"

I am in good health. Any suggestions?

Options:

Group

ACA plans, does anyone qualify for subsidies?

Short term plans

Find someone that will make the comparisons, may have to pay them a fee, 250-500 would be fair.

Someone PM me if you wanna talk about my zip code and info.

Seriously, just post the zip or at least the state. Any one worth talking isn't going to send you a message out of the blue. They need to at least know you are in an area they are licensed/work.

It would be helpful to know what state you are in (zip code is better), that way the appropriately licensed agents can pipe in. They'll also need age of other employee and probably some more info...good luck! :biggrin:

WELL if you are in texas we are now able to write husb. and wife 2 man groups....

Humana recently announced we’ll no longer accept small medical groups IF all the enrolling subscribers of a wholly owned business consist of the business owner and/or the business owner’s spouse (opposite or same sex). Based on federal guidance these groups are not considered valid groups for the purpose of health insurance, and should be referred to the individual market for coverage options. The one exception to this policy is the State of Texas, where we will write small group medical coverage to a husband and wife group where both of the spouses are employees.

Based on a new communication from the Texas Department of insurance, BCBSTX will approve groups that are owned by 2 spouses or owned by 1 spouse and employ the other. Other group micro group qualifications are not changed.

In order for 2 life spouse groups to be accepted employment of one spouse and ownership of the other must be documented. Alternatively ownership by both spouses must be docuemented. If specific documentation of either of these situations is not present, I do not believe that the group will be approved.

If you have had a group previously declined you will need to resubmit the group to have it reconsidered.

Small Group (1-50): TDI Updates FAQ on “Mom and

Pop” Businesses

On Dec. 1, 2016, the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) issued and expanded its

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to “Mom and Pop” groups.

Under the FAQs, TDI specifies that issuers cannot refuse to accept or non-renew

businesses comprised solely of two employees who are married to each other, for small

group (1-50) coverage.

Documentation Requirements

Paperwork submission requirements have not changed. Please continue to submit the

Employer Group Information (EGI) form and other required documents. We request that

producers with businesses applying for new coverage on or after Dec. 1, 2016, who are

impacted by this FAQ (i.e., businesses comprised solely of two employees who are

married to each other), include a note with the case submission indicating that the

applicants are married to each other.

For additional questions, please contact your Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas

Sales Representative.

Alabama. You know the football capital of the world

It is highly doubtful you will find a good agent willing to do a two person group in Alabama because of the really low compensation offered and the deadline for January 1st effective dates for Individual has already passed, maybe you should be looking a little harder.

Back