Quoting System

Sadly none of the above have direct access to Covered CA so for us CA agents, no help. Quotit and Norvax make claims of possible future access to CA IFP exchange but it's likely a pipe dream. Sherpa is based in CA and they don't have access either. I don't think Peter Lee intends to ever allow it. So for me this year it will be as follows:

1. Take the paper app/phone call (paper app is easier I can input at my convenience)

2. Pretend to be the applicant and complete the online enrollment from the paper app or phone call and use the bass-ackwards method of adding yourself as agent of record (and hope it transfers to the carrier on the data push)

3. Rinse, repeat, ratt and roll.

You guys on the FFM have it way easier than we do. Of course CA is not requiring any agent re-certifications for this year so there is that :yes:

Sorry Dave. Ever consider getting a non resident license in AZ or TX?
CA is such a messed up state in so many ways.

Sorry Dave. Ever consider getting a non resident license in AZ or TX?
CA is such a messed up state in so many ways.

Nah, I'm a CA guy and will work with what we have available. Commissions are low but the bonuses make up for it to a degree. CA agents just have to expand their markets.

Last edited:
Sadly none of the above have direct access to Covered CA so for us CA agents, no help. Quotit and Norvax make claims of possible future access to CA IFP exchange but it's likely a pipe dream. Sherpa is based in CA and they don't have access either. I don't think Peter Lee intends to ever allow it. So for me this year it will be as follows:
<SNIP>

You guys on the FFM have it way easier than we do. Of course CA is not requiring any agent re-certifications for this year so there is that :yes:

We as well will integrate into non hc.gov states when they finally make connectivity available. Sadly, after many conversations and much research with the high volume states which run their own exchanges, answers universally have been basically: "yeah, we might do that in the future".

We as well will integrate into non hc.gov states when they finally make connectivity available. Sadly, after many conversations and much research with the high volume states which run their own exchanges, answers universally have been basically: "yeah, we might do that in the future".

It's quite frustrating and CA is a huge state exchange. I suspect again that they just are not agent friendly enough to be bothered by doing anything. I understand someone representing the agent community is going to address the board on 18th in Sacramento about agent access and streamlining. If you ever get CA I would certainly be willing to look at your service.

Hi all! This is Ning from HealthSherpa. I wanted to announce a few quick things relevant to the conversation above:

1) Our application flow is the fastest available for OEP (~5 minutes on avg). There is no double redirect to Healthcare.gov. We have discussed our implementation with CMS and we are completely in compliance. We will also have payment integration in place for OEP.

2) Every agent gets a whitelabeled site with a link, which they can either send out to clients or host. Consumers visiting your site get the same, lightning fast enrollment experience.

3) Our agent dashboard is a complete CRM, allowing you to track, view details and export your book of business. We also have allow agencies with multiple agent logins, with the agent administrator able to view all subagent enrollments.

4) We have no monthly minimums or setup fees - pay as you go for each successfully submitted application. In addition, when you refer another agent to HealthSherpa, and they run an enrollment, you get a $5 credit. No limits - if you get enough credits, you can basically use our service for free.

For more details or to signup, please see www DOT healthsherpa DOT com / agents / features.

You can also call us at 866 796 6017.

Hi all! This is Ning from HealthSherpa. I wanted to announce a few quick things relevant to the conversation above:

1) Our application flow is the fastest available for OEP (~5 minutes on avg). There is no double redirect to Healthcare.gov. We have discussed our implementation with CMS and we are completely in compliance. We will also have payment integration in place for OEP.

2) Every agent gets a whitelabeled site with a link, which they can either send out to clients or host. Consumers visiting your site get the same, lightning fast enrollment experience.

3) Our agent dashboard is a complete CRM, allowing you to track, view details and export your book of business. We also have allow agencies with multiple agent logins, with the agent administrator able to view all subagent enrollments.

4) We have no monthly minimums or setup fees - pay as you go for each successfully submitted application. In addition, when you refer another agent to HealthSherpa, and they run an enrollment, you get a $5 credit. No limits - if you get enough credits, you can basically use our service for free.

For more details or to signup, please see www DOT healthsherpa DOT com / agents / features.

You can also call us at 866 796 6017.

The agent dashboard enhancements look excellent. 30 days until oep!

well lets see, i tried sherpa, but when you click on enroll it carrys the user to ehealth, tried signing up with aca express and half the links on their website dont even work, they got one guy in tech support, that will be fun come OEP. And if you call sherpa all they have are agents to answer the phone. I need a system that will work, is reliable and isnt going to make me want to throw my computer out the window.

So back to square 1, comparing quotit with norvax unless anyone else has any ideas.

UPDATE HERE
IM A BIT EMBARRASSED HERE, THE GUYS AT ACA EXPRESS GOT BACK TO ME SO FAST AND RESOLVED MY ISSUE I BARELY HAD TIME TO CATCH MY BREATH AFTER POSTING THIS COMMENT, WHICH THEY HAVE PROVEN I AM WRONG. I HAVE TO EAT MY WORDS HERE. SORRY GUYS, ACA EXPRESS DEFINITELY SHINES IN MY BOOK! EXCELLENT JOB BTW.

Last edited:
Back