Revenue Sharing with Licensed Call Centers

wingman

Expert
I was introduced to this model where you may direct prospects to this Chicago based CC in exchange for a commission revenue share. I'm in the ACA world but apparently this can be done with MS, FE, etc.
Does anyone have experience with these relationships?
Who are the players?
What's the general nature of the business arrangement?
or any other info that would be helpful.

tnx
Wingman

I'm not sure I would want to do that, even if it is legal. If you are going to be the AOR that means anything that is screwed up comes back on you. Do you think your E&O would cover that?

I send lots of business to a local brokerage agency who takes over the account for me....or handles the business from the beginning (after a prospect calls me for a quote).

I am no longer the AOR on the accounts that I send to them. They are.
They pay me 50% of the revenue for the life of the account (till it drops off the books).
They service the business.
I continue to get calls from many of my former clients (because I was their agent for many years). However, I do NOT really do any service work. Just answer a few questions for them....because they want my opinion or advice.

The brokerage agency handles all of my Small Group business that comes in.
They handle Indiv/Family ACA business.
They handle Med Supps & MA & PDP.
...as well as Life Insurance & a few other areas.

They do this for lots of agents.
They are reputable.
I've known them for years.
They service what they sell.
I've never had any complaints (from former clients whom I referred over).

If an agent simply doesn't want to handle a certain area any longer, they can refer their accounts to them.
If an agent wants to retire, they'll take over the block-of-business.
If an agent can't handle the load (as I can't right now) of a certain area, they'll take the incoming business & handle it.

You just need to mention the NAME of this "Chicago based CC" to see if other agents have done business with them. Then, you can find out if they are reputable.

Back