Selling Individual Health by Phone

If you are only making $60 dollars then you might want to relook at what you are selling. STM's are very lucrative. There are a couple of other things to consider: 1. At the end of the six month period you have a new sale again. 2. You can add Dental or a CI plan to the sale. So much better then selling 0% plans . . .besides its the only thing available now unless your client has an SEP . . .the you had really better make it a combo sale or you are really doing missionary work. Glass half full . . .not half empty. :yes:

I'm in FL and I'm sure there's some other companies out there but I've only seen UHC. Maybe pays 15%. I'm not positive. I just don't see how its lucrative.

Adding dental to a plan doesn't make it any more lucrative. IMO if you're still in the Indy health biz primarily, you're going to be broke.

It's a real "sales" mindset..most of the people doing it don't give a fig about their clients. I had several subsidy eligible people, this year, that purchased an STM before speaking with me..very easy replacements.

They also lie to these people and tell them, that it is creditable coverage, that they get annual exam, and many other items free.

STM is a great scam-pay the agent/Upline 30% and up then pay no claims, companies like UHC are laughing all the way to the bank...

STM is a great scam-pay the agent/Upline 30% and up then pay no claims, companies like UHC are laughing all the way to the bank...

well there are occasions stm fits......got a lead that a pastor has a job opp. but the church wants him to have insurance as part of the job requirement..... healthy and no insurance for 3 years......

well there are occasions stm fits......got a lead that a pastor has a job opp. but the church wants him to have insurance as part of the job requirement..... healthy and no insurance for 3 years......

Very true..I've had a lot of claims paid on STM, pre-ocare, when I was hooked up with an office that sent me their new hires for 90 days.

The thing I see that some of these guys are doing is turning it into a living..that would be fine in the pre-ocare days if you were getting 200 new hires a month for 90 days of coverage, but not now.

Better for whom? Policyholder or agent?

The time for giving a hoot when it come's to the client's best interest is over for IFP

----------

It's a real "sales" mindset..most of the people doing it don't give a fig about their clients. I had several subsidy eligible people, this year, that purchased an STM before speaking with me..very easy replacements.

They also lie to these people and tell them, that it is creditable coverage, that they get annual exam, and many other items free.

There is no such thing as an ACA Client. They are all temp customers at best.

The time for giving a hoot when it come's to the client's best interest is over for IFP

----------

There is no such thing as an ACA Client. They are all temp customers at best.

So how would you sleep if one of your STM clients wound up with a major claim and the insurance company denied the claim?

I think you are better than that, you know the business well enough and are good enough to focus on other things without that risk.

FLM, you are absolutely right - I am better than that. But we've put the client first and look what we've gotten for our efforts....0 comp...

Back