Selling Individual Health by Phone

I did address the Pre ex problem. its the same problem all Individual policies sold before 1/1/2014

Really?

Never had a problem with REAL health insurance plans that went through renewal. Ongoing claims covered without missing a beat.

You must not have sold REAL health insurance prior to 1/1/14.

stop spreading miss information.

Example?

You have dodged the question once. Going to take a pass again?

You also failed to address the Assurant legal issues.

Perhaps you missed that question, or simply chose to ignore it because it is indefensible.

Sure, 60yr old male 60 yr old female in 50301 zip code.

Earnings 80,000 year. Self employed.
No tax credits.
Cheapest Bronze plane on exchange Coventry HSA $775 month $ 12,900 deductible

775 divided by 8.05% = 9,6277.33. Times 12 = 115,527.95

This couple is exempt from the ACA penalty until there income exceeds $155,527 a year.

Uhone STM pluse $5000 deductible 80/20 360 days of coverage is $508

Client decided to go with the $10,000 deductible to get the premium down to $411 a month.. Client wasn't conserned about the first $10,000
Obviously the 8.05 exemption is different in each zip code based on the cheapest Bronze plan available . You just have to get crayons out and do some 3rd grade math ��

I hope you have good E&O because based on your example....you're going to need it.

First off you are dealing with a self employed individual. How did you come up with an 80K MAGI?

Secondly the 8.05% rule doesn't simply apply to on exchange based plans or plans that you as an agent have the ability to offer. If they don't qualify for a tax credit why are you using that as a gauge for anything.

Should they have any issue (at 60 they are to be expected) the coverage you sold them won't cover anything. The carrier will pull the pre x card and they are stuck with the medical bills.

How could you possibly justify selling a STM product to anyone of that age? You sold them a sub par plan for what their needs are to save them 2K for the year. A little over $ 200 more a month and they would have had a plan that would cover a heart attack, stroke and any other underlying issue that they may have.

I never sold Assurant STM either but I am well aware of their legal problems with STM claim denials and rescissions. Any good agent would be fully aware of STM shortfalls and especially Assurant.

While Assurant is no longer in the STM business, the examples could well apply to any STM carrier.

Take a few minutes to get up to speed with the rest of us before shooting your mouth off.

When Health Coverage Doesn't Hold Up - CBS News

Fortis/Time/Assurant Health Insurance Denials and Rescissions | Cleveland Legal Examiner | Cleveland Ohio Personal Injury Lawyer

http://www.waynewright.com/blog/denied-health-coverage-by-time-insurance-.cfm

I hope you have good E&O because based on your example....you're going to need it.

First off you are dealing with a self employed individual. How did you come up with an 80K MAGI?

Secondly the 8.05% rule doesn't simply apply to on exchange based plans or plans that you as an agent have the ability to offer. If they don't qualify for a tax credit why are you using that as a gauge for anything.

Should they have any issue (at 60 they are to be expected) the coverage you sold them won't cover anything. The carrier will pull the pre x card and they are stuck with the medical bills.

How could you possibly justify selling a STM product to anyone of that age? You sold them a sub par plan for what their needs are to save them 2K for the year. A little over $ 200 more a month and they would have had a plan that would cover a heart attack, stroke and any other underlying issue that they may have.

You have no idea what you are talking about. You are making assumptions just like the other people that we screaming E and O. Claims on this thread.

How do you define sub par? You think an HMO vs a PPO is sub par?

Heart attack! Stoke, cancer? I have had STM policies. pay out on all of these types of claims.
Same way a life insurance company will pay out during the two year Contestability for any legitimate claim.

Stop spreading false information . Yagents asked for an example and I gave him one. STM was the best option for this client. Healthy people have options, insurance is not a one size fits all program. I never once said everyone should buy STM . I said it is a viable option for some.. You can't make blanket statement like the one is this thread that say STM is an E an O claim waiting to happen or they will not pay anything. That just is not true. Agents come to these boards for guidance.

I suggest you re read the 8.05 affordability exemption because you miss spoke on who qualifies for it. The client I referenced does qualify for the exemption and has the last 3 year. He is now on his Third STM plan tell next year when we will evaluate his options once again.

----------

I never sold Assurant STM either but I am well aware of their legal problems with STM claim denials and rescissions. Any good agent would be fully aware of STM shortfalls and especially Assurant.

While Assurant is no longer in the STM business, the examples could well apply to any STM carrier.

Take a few minutes to get up to speed with the rest of us before shooting your mouth off.

When Health Coverage Doesn't Hold Up - CBS News

Fortis/Time/Assurant Health Insurance Denials and Rescissions | Cleveland Legal Examiner | Cleveland Ohio Personal Injury Lawyer

http://www.waynewright.com/blog/denied-health-coverage-by-time-insurance-.cfm

Listen Bobby ! The only one shooting there mouth of was you. You put out miss information. I understand with 24,000 posts you think you know what you are talking about but you are completely wrong on this issue. My out made a blanket statement that is not acurate and now you want spin the conversation to a company who is no longer in the health insurance business.

You have no idea what you are talking about. You are making assumptions just like the other people that we screaming E and O. Claims on this thread.

How do you define sub par? You think an HMO vs a PPO is sub par?

Heart attack! Stoke, cancer? I have had STM policies. pay out on all of these types of claims.
Same way a life insurance company will pay out during the two year Contestability for any legitimate claim.

Stop spreading false information . Yagents asked for an example and I gave him one. STM was the best option for this client. Healthy people have options, insurance is not a one size fits all program. I never once said everyone should buy STM . I said it is a viable option for some.. You can't make blanket statement like the one is this thread that say STM is an E an O claim waiting to happen or they will not pay anything. That just is not true. Agents come to these boards for guidance.

I suggest you re read the 8.05 affordability exemption because you miss spoke on who qualifies for it. The client I referenced does qualify for the exemption and has the last 3 year. He is now on his Third STM plan tell next year when we will evaluate his options once again.

Careful there bucko. I asked as well which you quoted me in the reply. I suggest you answer my questions to educate those "new" agents coming to the boards.

Seems like you're good at spewing but when called on it you fail to answer direct questions.

That's some funny ****. Both of you talk completely out of your ass and then want to pick on grammar on a message board. You offer no proof that insurance companies will not pay, based on the contract. You have offered nothing but bad advice to the agent that asked the original question.

Personally I don't think any insurance should be sold over the phone. I think you should sit down with every client and help,them understand all of there options.
I don't think that can be done over phone.

Back