Stand-Alone PPO Medical Savings Card Available?

OKAY..now I understand. Thanks to all who responded to my original question.

Let me see if I got this right. A person with no health insurance CAN use a straight PPO discount card to their benefit, but they must be able to pay the entire bill at the doctor's office/hospital, or they will not get the PPO discount. Correct?

Come to think of it, that's exactly how the DentaSaver Aetna PPO card works. I have several happy customers using this inexpensive stand-alone card for 30% to 50% savings at the Dentist, but they pay the bill at the time of service.

A medical PPO savings card would only be feasible for use with the services that a customer can pay on the spot. I guess that would be impractical (for most people) for the more expensive treatments and procedures. But as was mentioned, the more expensive bills can be negotiated down by the patient anyway.

-Allen

nope... incorrect answer.... there is no obaglation by the provider to take the discount card, unlike the aetna discount plan... these clowns hook up with 3rd party ppo networks and then claim you can use it at any dr in network... as per the mayor of arlington, who is also an obgyn... and i quote... "nope, i dont care if i am in their network, i dont take discount plans"

perty clear if you ask me

I'm looking to buy a stand alone PPO card. Any recommendations?

I know exactly what I'm buying...and I know I want this card as one portion of my plan. Thanks!!

Back