STM and GAP Plans Discussion.

There were GI option albeit expensive. My wife and I experienced problems getting coverage so one of had to get a job that provided coverage. Another we were facing no coverage and my IMO let on there coverage as a 1099 employee. Bring back ex and drop subsidies completely.
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."

James Madison, 1792

the ambulance will haul you to the ER and the ER will treat you.

Suggest you become familiar with EMTALA rules. They will treat you but also put you on the street as soon as possible.

The only reason for introducing car insurance into the mix is because of underwriting . . . which is barred by Obamacare and why everything is so f****d up.

The rest of your post is the same old garbage that has already discredited you. Every time you bring up some BS about why the old way was bad you lose ground. Might want to give up while you are ahead. You really don't want to do battle with someone who probably has more experience in the health insurance business than you have years on this earth.

Have a nice day.

There were GI option albeit expensive. My wife and I experienced problems getting coverage so one of had to get a job that provided coverage. Another we were facing no coverage and my IMO let on there coverage as a 1099 employee. Bring back ex and drop subsidies completely.
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."

James Madison, 1792

As my disregarding friends say "Tusta" meaning another country heard from (that matters not).

This country went down the road where insurance became the method through which we pay for healthcare. Our Congress did the bidding of large corporations and their lobbyists and prices have risen to where healthcare consumes a larger and ever increasing portion of our domestic production.

Now that it is totally screwed you appear to think we should just say **** it and go back to everyone for themselves. That's fine however there comes a time when without access to care you will die as assuredly as if you had no food.

We are in a time when joint replacements keep people from being crippled. Screw it, let all who cannot write a $60,000 check just tough it out - unless they are lucky and happen to have a job that pays them compensation in the form of health insurance. All of those starting a business can just go get a job and contribute less to the economy as an employee since the individual market is shot and you ohhhh great mighty one think you should pay only for yourself.

By the same token, since you're young, start saving for your bypass along with accumulating money to send your kid to school and when you are unable to work. You'll need perhaps $200,000 depending on how old you are now. If you don't have it, don't worry, the really deserving people will be able to afford it and just because you can't, that's toooo bad. We can also quit having subsidized schools including universities then your kid can just sell insurance - if he can read well enough to pass the test.

Everyone gets to a place where they can't stand a pre-ex unless they have a whole lot of money - and then they don't want to spend it. Insurance is designed to lower risk. Risk can be measured in terms of volatility of cash flows. Pay a premium and accept a known reduction in cash flows. Skip a premium and live with the likelihood of a severely negative cash flow - sometime. The problem with no insurance and high healthcare expense is that it can sink the ship to the point of not being able to financially recover.

To those that want to opt out of healthcare, that's fine. Just get a chip identifying you so we don't waste our limited resources on trying to bring you back. Have a car wreck or heart attack and garbage truck can be substituted for an ambulance & your body can just be tossed on the pile.

Like I've been told before, Trump will fix everything when that son of a bitch that's in there now will be gone. Make America Great (Breitbart White) Again!!:nah:

The old way is better than the current way. No subsidies, medical underwriting.
expand HSA limits, my opinion from a very young inexperienced minion with only 38 years in the business and still learning.

Last edited:
Ned, I don't know if you ever listened to Al Granum's tapes on the OCS training, but I can still here him today.

"Here comes the old pro. Are you listening?"

The old way is better than the current way. No subsidies, medical underwriting.
expand HSA limits, my opinion from a very young inexperienced minion with only 38 years in the business and still learning.

Different, "better is judgement call based on perspective. Better if you now have coverage and didn't because of pre-ex elimination and/or subsidy. Worse if had coverage and are losing it because of price. "System" is supposed to allocate resources. Allocation has changed.

newb: Only licensed since 1985

Internet Domain System established, Nelson Mandela offered release, Bruce Born In The USA hits #9, Madonna Like a Virgin hits #1, DOW record high 1297

Different, "better is judgement call based on perspective. Better if you now have coverage and didn't because of pre-ex elimination and/or subsidy. Worse if had coverage and are losing it because of price. "System" is supposed to allocate resources. Allocation has changed.

newb: Only licensed since 1985

Internet Domain System established, Nelson Mandela offered release, Bruce Born In The USA hits #9, Madonna Like a Virgin hits #1, DOW record high 1297

Of that "22 million" that have insurance now that didn't, I wonder how many could've had insurance, but chose not to, but have taken it out now to avoid the penalty. I wonder how many of the "22 million" have aged off of their parents policy during the 6 years of O'bamacare and had to get there own coverage? I have no doubt that the Dems have spun the hell out of those #'s to come up with "22 million".:skeptical:

Bruce might've been born in the USA, but I don't think Barry was.:nah:

I doubt that Madonna was ever a virgin.:no:

You will never know the real figures, Tom. I have tried to find out for years but Obama and company don't want us to know.

I would like to know
- How many had coverage but dropped it because their premium with subsidy was lower
- How many lost coverage from risk pools
- How many had a "substandard" plans and had them cancelled
- How many dropped coverage and enrolled in Medicaid
- How many had no coverage and were newly enrolled in Medicaid
- How many had coverage, lost it, and cannot afford Obamacrap plans

We will never know.

Hey Allen, I believe I read that you use GAC, so you probably got the e-mail that I just got. I don't sell STM, but this looks interesting. Covers prescriptions...underwritten by Lloyds of London.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=...74C&id=36F4142FD5DB74C!148&parId=root&o=OneUp

Right.. I was happily using GAC for Accident-Injury plans, until they did something really STUPID on 12/1/2016. General Agent Center started requiring that Injury plan applicants begin setting up accounts, complete with username/password/"secret" question, before the Injury plan application could be started. WTF!?

I switched back to selling the Wholesale Benefit Association (WBA) Injury plans that I sold from 2006 thru 2013.

But at your urging, I revisited the e-mail from GAC and paid closer attention to the Peterson-Lloyd's STM. I'll put my disgust with GAC on the back-burner...call, and see what they can send me regarding that STM's Claim Payments, Policy Document, etc.. That plan is so inexpensive that it's quality is a concern. Have you had any Peterson/Lloyds claims yet, GoIllini52?

-Allen

Back