Tax Credits for Individual Health Insurnace Purchasers...now Law

ticker_shuffle

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Sounds like a boon for individual sales to me.

Customers can now pass on their employer plans and get credit towards taxes already paid by buying their own individual policies.

Good news, IMO.

Re: Tax Credits for Individual Health Insurnace Purchasers...now

Customers can now pass on their employer plans and get credit towards taxes already paid by buying their own individual policies.

Good news, IMO.

Yep starting in 2014, along with guarantee issue and the resultant reduction in commissions and a mandate there are tax credits...happy days LOL

Good news, IMO.

Are you kidding???
Wait until you see the new commission schedules to reflect guarantee issue.
We will be lucky to make 5% first year commissions.
Some carriers might even decide to market individual health insurance directly to the consumers.
Hope for the best, plan for the worst. That is always been my motto.

So we get 5%. When you see that the average premium for a family is $1000 per month, at 5%, it's still $600 bucks a sale. Not to bad, I think?:idea:

Maybe you are dreaming at 5%.

Maybe you get a $25 one time enrollment fee?

Who knows...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Follow up - what makes you think any subsidized portion would be commissionable?

Last edited:

well small business get 35% increasing to 50% tax credits in 2 years..

I am hopeful, and to plan for the worse, I am focusing on life insurance for now :)

the way I see it, all the hub-bub will get people willing to talk about health insurance, open doors, and lead to more opportunity to sell.

My biggest concern are the lunatics who are living in fear and getting brainwashed. I literally had two people who I thought were normal, depressed over this law passing, thinking it meant they were going to get taxed 40% on their health insurance and that babies were going to be killed. Clearly some people are reading the wrong blogs or something.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Are you kidding???
Wait until you see the new commission schedules to reflect guarantee issue.
We will be lucky to make 5% first year commissions.
Some carriers might even decide to market individual health insurance directly to the consumers.
Hope for the best, plan for the worst. That is always been my motto.

Guarantee issue stuff will likely be handled by states and the exchange, when it comes online. More immediately I think the opportunity is with selling to small business.

Last edited:

I guess the questions is, do you think the commission cuts will happen soon, or 2014? I was thinking that they might break it down to start. Child policy commission would be lower, but everyone else would stay the same until GI. I would think that the carriers would want to sign up as much as they can for the money. I hope commissions don't get cut until 2014.

And about those tax credits . . .

They don't last forever. Care to guess what happens when they sunset?

Back