Is there a BCBS of Florida general agency?

dr954

Expert
Does anybody know of a General Agency where I could sell BCBS of Florida as a independent agent, with at least a 20% advance contract?

Not really. The Bcbsf GAs that i know of require you to be captive. There was one that said I could be 'independent' and still write through them, but that turned out to be a referral system instead of signing as a writing agent.

Hope somebody can prove me wrong about this as I'd like to write Blue IFP plans in FL.

Does anybody know of a General Agency where I could sell BCBS of Florida as a independent agent, with at least a 20% advance contract?

I spoke with someone the other day from Affillited and they offered me 10% as a broker and they made it sound as though they were giving away the farm at that percentage.

I'm hoping to find someone to give me at least 15%.

I was sucked into them as a captive and they paid 7%. Take the 10%, it is easy to sell BCBS in Florida. They only take healthy people and take a long time to issue.

Hey. Does Affiliated pay renewals, or is it just a 12 month advance?

Thanks.

I spoke with someone the other day from Affillited and they offered me 10% as a broker and they made it sound as though they were giving away the farm at that percentage.

I'm hoping to find someone to give me at least 15%.

Update

I have something in the works with a Florida BX GA that supposedly pays 20% advanced. If this turns out to be for real, I'll find out about getting others appointed.

Not really. The Bcbsf GAs that i know of require you to be captive. There was one that said I could be 'independent' and still write through them, but that turned out to be a referral system instead of signing as a writing agent.

Hope somebody can prove me wrong about this as I'd like to write Blue IFP plans in FL.

Back