These Guys License Blue Cross Independent Agents In Florida

Senateguy

Expert
Anyone Know about Humanaa

I was curious if anyone had a decent Humana contract..

What do you think??

Last edited:
I have a decent Humana contract, but what happened to your original post? Does the GA you posted not in fact deliver independent agent BCBSF contracts?

Yes this is indeed a very strange post.

I actually got a call from some guy on this particular ad who said he could get me a 16% deal in Florida with no production requirements. A copy of the contract, etc., was to be emailed to me "immediately."

Two days later, I am still waiting.

In the meantime I spoke with someone else whom I *know* is actually a licensed MGA for BCBS of FL and he tells me that the ONLY way to get any kind of contracting with BCBS of FL is to sign an EXCLUSIVE deal with them -- at 20%, annualized, one year only (no renewal) contract.

He claims that anyone else offering any kind of contract via BCBS of FL is in fact BOGUS.

Guess which of the two I am now more inclined to believe? (Incidentally the second fellow actually did email me a contract for review and did so within 5 minutes)

So who the hell is this "Senator" dude? And why did he come here to make this one post, then change the post?
:no:

And we wonder why health agents are held in such low esteem.:skeptical:

Actually I said "BX" in my post when I meant to say GR. Again, just how would BX of FL know whether or not I kicked out 10K between Humana and GR last week?

They have no access to your production figures with any carrier and although you're captive you can still maintain other appointments. In fact, you can write for other carriers - you simply need to give BX the right of 1st refusal.

Last edited:
Actually I said "BX" in my post when I meant to say GR. Again, just how would BX of FL know whether or not I kicked out 10K between Humana and GR last week?

They have no access to you production figures with any carrier and although you're captive you can still maintain other appointments. In fact, you can write for other carriers - you simply need to give BX the right of 1st refusal.

If you had access to Fla Blue ifp there would be no reason you would want to.

They offer a superior product as well as superior pricing. A very formidable competitor with 30% ifp market share.

Strict underwriting, but great new business and renewal increase rates. Blows GR (and everything else) out of the water.

If you are going to be independent with health in Florida, you better be clever!

Consider: M51, F51 both n/t. Pinellas County (346) zip. All HSA qualified w/5 mil lt max, Rx, and first $ wellness bene...

- Aetna (3,000/6,000) $535
- Avalon (2,500/5,000) $427
- BCBSFL (6,000) $273
- GR (5,800) $422
- Humana (5,000) $400

There are ways to sell against them, but that'll remain my "trade secret".

Latest posts

Back