What Options Do We Have for SEP and 2018 with Carriers Pulling Out of the Market

mschlange

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
We are discouraged from enrolling individuals during SEP because most carriers will not pay us comissions. With many states not haveing any carriers in the market for 2018 what options are available to agents?
I recently ran across two options that I am now offering and making money.
A health sharing plan that pays commissions. An MEC plan that provides preventive care covered 100% and gives discounts for medical treatment at a very reasonable cost and is ACA compliant. This MEC plan can be sold outside an employer group.
I have sold this to individuals not working, outside of open enrollment and have prex conditions which they now get medical treatment.
Just enrolled an individual age 64 and his cost for the plan is $100 per month.

Curious what other agents are planning for 2018. If interested in learning more or want a discussion PM me with your contact information.
Thanks

We are discouraged from enrolling individuals during SEP because most carriers will not pay us comissions. With many states not haveing any carriers in the market for 2018 what options are available to agents?
A health sharing plan that pays commissions. An MEC plan that provides preventive care covered 100% and gives discounts for medical treatment at a very reasonable cost and is ACA compliant. This MEC plan can be sold outside an employer group.
I have sold this to individuals not working, outside of open enrollment and have prex conditions which they now get medical treatment.

Curious what other agents are planning for 2018. If interested in learning more or want a discussion PM me with your contact information.
Thanks
People are now selling and earning commission on STM plans, albeit maybe 3 months at a time....limited benefit indemnity plans, like US Health Care, or a variety of junk plans.....Medishare (CHS)....MEC plans from Aliera or Enroll 1st...etc

Lot's of ways to make money if you put all the options in your kit bag.

Glad I shifted most of my business to LTC, life, Medicare, annuities long ago. :biggrin:

TPA that offers this is available in most of the us states I am in the midwest

If you are talking about that Health and Welfare plan out of NY, I am going to pass. Are you trying to be a GA for it?

As far as my agency goes, we are selling whoever calls in. Whether we get paid on it or not. We "should" get paid on it eventually. And if they are calling in, its a referral. There's nothing wrong we creating a little goodwill.

And let's face it, none of us are THAT busy right now. You can afford to waste 30 minutes.

US Health is not a good option and you better make sure your E&O is up to date.

STM is fine, if they know what they are getting. UHC may take people on high blood pressure meds, but I am not going to sell it. That's just dumb. "Here's your policy. There's 12 months of pre-ex. So if you have a heart attack, it may not cover you, since you are taking heart medication. Thanks for the commission, though"

2018 is a total crapshoot....and not willing to hazard a guess at this point.

I am curious on the MEC plans your referring to. I know of Altrua, Medi-Share, and Aliera offering products off open enrollment that are compliant.

Haven't had much trust in these plans at this point. Last thing I want is an E and O claim. PM me if you have any insight. Thank you

Thanks

I am curious on the MEC plans your referring to. I know of Altrua, Medi-Share, and Aliera offering products off open enrollment that are compliant.

No clue on Altrua and Aliera, but Medishare is NOT MEC compliant.

People who choose to purchase Medishare don't pay a penalty, because they are "religious" plans and the 1st Amendment shields the participants.

Back