What is Waiting Period?

How long would you have to wait to avail access to your claim?

In the UAE, many health insurance plans have a waiting period during which no claims will be covered. Typically, specific benefits or treatments will have their own waiting periods, although this varies from one policy to another. It is very common for pre-existing conditions to have a 6 month waiting period. Maternity and dental benefits also typically have waiting periods that can range from 30 to 90 days. When making a claim, medical insurance policyholders must check the waiting period for the illness for which they are getting treatment.

I think the Affordable Care Act did away with waiting periods. You may want to double check this, but I don't think that there are any waiting periods on plans that meet the MEC minimums (are ACA compliant) at least not on any major benefits like doctor visits, medication or hospital coverage.

You may have to wait until the open enrollment period to enroll, but besides waiting for your effective date to roll around, you shouldn't have any other waiting periods to deal with.

This only applies to health insurance that is ACA compliant. There are some plans that are not ACA compliant like short-term health insurance. So watch out for those.

There are still waiting periods for dental insurance and other types of insurance.

"Waiting Period" = the amount of time American citizens will have to wait until Obamacare is repealed or fixed, expressed in number of years or decades. It can also be defined by the amount of time an IFP agent is out of a job.

Can't believe Obamacare hasn't spread to the UAE. Apparently they still have waiting periods for health insurance. I thought Obamacare was everywhere.

Seems like those hospitals South of the Border are going to be getting a lot more business... I think that's Soros's master plan
He's a big investor in them

Back