Where Can I Get Health Insurance?

dalex90

I am on state health care right now but want to get off so I can start my own business. With Trump's health care reform I am afraid Obamacare won't be around much longer. When I looked for health insurance prior to getting on state health care, I applied at Aetna, Cigna and Blue Cross Blue Shield and was denied by all 3 for pre-existing conditions. As to what pre-existing condition caused the reject, I am not sure.

My pre-existing conditions:
- Turrets
- OCD
- Autism
- Paranoid Schizophrenia
- Dyslexia

In the past 10 or so years, I have only been getting treated for Paranoid Schizophrenia.

Are there any health insurance companies that will accept me?

Thanks!

I am on state health care right now but want to get off so I can start my own business. With Trump's health care reform I am afraid Obamacare won't be around much longer. When I looked for health insurance prior to getting on state health care, I applied at Aetna, Cigna and Blue Cross Blue Shield and was denied by all 3 for pre-existing conditions. As to what pre-existing condition caused the reject, I am not sure.

- Turrets
- OCD
- Autism
- Paranoid Schizophrenia
- Dyslexia

In the past 10 or so years, I have only been getting treated for Paranoid Schizophrenia.

Thanks!
If you lose your current group health insurance, you are guaranteed immediate acceptance from any carrier offering in the state you live in. Depending on which TV station you listen you, you will hear that even under TrumpCare, which may or may not ever occur, pre-existing conditions will also be covered.

No "real" insurance company will turn you down or charge you more at this time. Also, if you are lucky enough to be poor, you may even get your insurance for free!!!

Prior to ObamaCare you most certainly would have been denied by private carriers. Now we all have to pay thru the nose to make sure you can get covered. :mad:

That's good to know!

Also, do you actually think it's ok for Insurance companies to deny certain demographics due to their pre-existing conditions? You know people such as myself, we didn't choose to have these conditions, it was forced upon us. How is it right that we aren't allowed adequette health insurance just like everyone else? Are you saying we should suffer in pain and be denied health insurance? That's just not right and if everyone has to pay more, that's ok because no one should ever be denied health insurance. It's like saying a black person can't go out to eat at Taco Bell because he's black. You just don't do that. I will be forever grateful for Obama and his Obamacare! He was one of the smartest president's we've had!

- Turrets
- OCD
- Autism
- Paranoid Schizophrenia
- Dyslexia

Thanks!

I'm guessing you are a reporter.

Contact healthcare.gov. If you have a valid SEP, they will be more than happy to help you.

Have a lovely day.

That's good to know!

Also, do you actually think it's ok for Insurance companies to deny certain demographics due to their pre-existing conditions? You know people such as myself, we didn't choose to have these conditions, it was forced upon us. How is it right that we aren't allowed adequette health insurance just like everyone else? Are you saying we should suffer in pain and be denied health insurance? That's just not right and if everyone has to pay more, that's ok because no one should ever be denied health insurance. It's like saying a black person can't go out to eat at Taco Bell because he's black. You just don't do that. I will be forever grateful for Obama and his Obamacare! He was one of the smartest president's we've had!

Bad example, why pull race card? and sorry, I can't afford another mortgage.

There is no difference between a black man unable to go into a restaurant and someone who has a disability that is unable to get insurance. They're both discrimination! Yes, I voted for Bernie as did most of my friends (the smart ones did anyways).

This has gone on a tangent.

You are not subject to underwriting for any major medical coverage under ObamaCare (and likely forward under TrumpCare). Carriers cannot underwrite and cannot deny based on pre-existing conditions. Been this way for four years now.

Your problem is not medical underwriting, your problem is that you missed the open enrollment period. You can only purchase compliant health insurance during open enrollment or if you experience a qualifying life event outside of open enrollment. From your original post it appears you do not have a qualifying life event.

Come November 1st, you will be able to purchase any available 2018 major medical health insurance plan in your area without underwriting or rate up/denial for pre-existing conditions.

Back