Working for Security Health Advisors

Here's a link to a recent Press Release about them. It should give you some insight...

Insurance News - Security Health Advisors, LLC. names Brian Clark and Travis Yoder to Key Posts

Personal Comment:
When I read the press release and saw that S.H.A. was affiliated with US Healthgroup, the red "warning" light went off for me.

If you're thinking about going to work for/with them, be sure you don't have a minimum production clause in your contract. They cancelled my contract and are keeping hundreds of dollars per month in commissions.
-Allen

In general, anytime you see a health agency headquartered in north Texas, run for the hills!

Those clowns have been running deal after deal for decades, starting with Texas based "stipulated premium" companies.

What a bunch of jokesters.

Founded in 2009, Security Health Advisors, LLC. is a national health insurance distribution partner of USHEALTH Group, Inc. The company sells individual health insurance plans underwritten by The Freedom Life Insurance Company of America, a wholly-owned subsidiary of USHEALTH Group, Inc. The company is focused on serving America’s self-employed and individual insurance market through its captive Agent sales force.

Gezzzzz that crappy plan has been raised from the dead......

Freedom Life had big price increase in 2008 for Illinois renewals. We (our brokerage) began transferring clients to other companies.

Freedom Life then sent a letter to our clients saying that we were no longer representing the company and that the client should call Freedom Life directly with any questions or inquiries going forward.

At the same time, Freedom Life sent a letter to each of us at the brokerage telling us that our contract with them was cancelled and that we were prohibited from contacting our Freedom Life customers in any way from that moment forward.

Thankfully, most of them called into the office to find out what was going on. That legally opened the door for us to explain how Freedom Life had cancelled our contract and to offer these customers alternative coverage.

I will celebrate loudly when Freedom Life buckles and folds under the weight of health reform regulations.
-A.C.

Why are so many crapola insurers based in Texas?

See my previous post.
;)

I started in "da business" many sun revolutions ago driving from DFW to Bumf**k Texas every week to run telemarketing leads for various "Group II" carriers. These were very small, Texas only companies that barely qualified for a stipulated premium license.

But the policies had sizzle and they paid HUGE commissions (50% on an annual premium - which we were encouraged to pick up by offering a 20% discount for paying annual).

In fairness I think most of us back then didn't know any better.

Knowing what I know today, I wish I had never gotten into the business, period, but at a minimum, I certainly regret having represented so many of those fly by night companies.

The people running those deals are still around, still in Texas. Some are now running annuity deals (Rodney Cross etc.). Others are still trying to float a boat in various health deals.

Reform should take care of those clowns once and for all.

As for Freedom, I remember its sister company National Foundation. We were selling that junk when its AM Best rating dumped down to a C.

Hard to believe anything in that group has survived.

I would not touch any organization writing Freedom Life with a 72 foot pole, much less a 10 foot one.

Word to wise: Be sure your E&O is up to date and be damn sure you have unabridged access to a damn good lawyer.
:goofy:

Try this link. It is a new arm formed in April 2011

recruiting.

ushcareer.

com/

NewsReader.

aspx?id=6

Since I cannot post URL's just use this.

This should give you a reference to know the origin of USH Advisors and why it is difficult to find anything about them.

US Health is backed by a large foreign company.....

They are not especially strong financially:

A.M. Best Downgrades Ratings of USHEALTH Group, Inc. Subsidiaries | Business Wire

This might be another clue: "The rating downgrades reflect Freedom Life and NFL’s worse than expected 2010 operating results, due principally to a litigation charge, resulting in a decline in their risk-adjusted capitalization. Last year, USHEALTH accrued for a possible sizeable adverse legal judgment in its non-core, run-off cancer insurance business, which negatively impacted its operating results."

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, i have no desire to get mixed up in that mess.

In general, anytime you see a health agency headquartered in north Texas, run for the hills!

Those clowns have been running deal after deal for decades, starting with Texas based "stipulated premium" companies.

What a bunch of jokesters.

Back