1st One, One Toddler to CHIP, Other Not, New One.

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
According to HC.gov, yes, they have seen this. Sometimes it's not correct, and Medicaid/CHIP denies the kid, then they are enrolled with parent.

Anyone else had this? In my state it's done by size of household, and family income. No reason I could see that family of four at X income wouldn't have both in or out.

Web broker portal has some glitches, but should get worked out.

Many clients will have pre-set up new app ID #'s for 2016, done by Marketplace, so looking them up with 2015 app ID # won't be the right app to redo them for 2016. Another TIL.

According to HC.gov, yes, they have seen this. Sometimes it's not correct, and Medicaid/CHIP denies the kid, then they are enrolled with parent.

Anyone else had this? In my state it's done by size of household, and family income. No reason I could see that family of four at X income wouldn't have both in or out.

Web broker portal has some glitches, but should get worked out.

Many clients will have pre-set up new app ID #'s for 2016, done by Marketplace, so looking them up with 2015 app ID # won't be the right app to redo them for 2016. Another TIL.

I've had it a lot. The formula varies by state. Hard to pin down a reason. I've noticed that the first hours of this Open Enrollment is turning out to be extremely challenging for clients, agents and insurance company systems. Maybe because its Sunday and there's wasn't any special measures taken to ensure that opening day is smooth as possible, like the past 2 O.Es.

Thanks! Another TIL: The re-do of 2016 is already pre-loaded apps, with a few questions to fill in. Unlike last 2 years where app was modified for next year, the apps are a new app ID#.
Those who have unresolved inconsistencies may not yet have a pre-loaded app.

Latest posts

Back