2016 FFM Training Information

then why use a vendor?

Why the hell are there outside vendors to administer the CMS FFM certification training to begin with? CMS did a GOOD THING when they moved the training certification materials to the CMS Portal website. Having one less UserID/Password and one less website to work with is positive consolidation. Adding outside vendors to the mix was not needed, or desired. Even if they were free, I would never use them, so long as CMS continues to administer it in-house. Third-party testing vendors are just another potential point for some kind of mis-communication, AFAIC.

Why the hell are there outside vendors to administer the CMS FFM certification training to begin with? CMS did a GOOD THING when they moved the training certification materials to the CMS Portal website. Having one less UserID/Password and one less website to work with is positive consolidation. Adding outside vendors to the mix was not needed, or desired. Even if they were free, I would never use them, so long as CMS continues to administer it in-house. Third-party testing vendors are just another potential point for some kind of mis-communication, AFAIC.

Well, they do it for Medicare Advantage certification. I'm guessing AHIP and Gorman have compromising pictures of someone at CMS. It's a money maker for those companies and that's about it.

FFM certification training went "live" for Assisters at the end of August. Here's a slide deck..
Link: https://marketplace.cms.gov/technic...ng-materials/launch-ffm-assister-training.pdf

And the Assister training overview page...
Link: https://marketplace.cms.gov/technical-assistance-resources/training-materials/training.html

From the content of the slides, Agents/Brokers will follow the same training pathway and procedures as Assisters.. I see Agents/Brokers hyperlinks on some of the screenshots. In fact, they might be active, but CMS forgot to tell us.
ac

Here's the latest. I called Gorman to get clarification on their $29 price. It sounds like they are saying you can take Individual and Shop training for one price $29 but the wording does not make it clear. So I called them (they have the same annoying theme song as the Marketplace) to get clarification. The rep said she did not know the answer so put me on hold. When she came back to the phone she said they did not have any clarification on this as of now. She said they were still working out the details. So I asked do you know when the training for agents and brokers will begin. She said there will be a link on the CMS site that we will be able to click to start the training. I told her the link is there but leads nowhere. The site still says training is coming soon. She said they will get more clarification on the training start date after they meet at the end of this week. So in other words they are clueless.
So to entertain myself I called NAHU FFM Help Desk. No wait. Not much help. The Rep said training was suppose to start September 1st but they are waiting on CMS to work out the kinks. WHAT!! Doesn't sound good. I asked her did she think there was any hope of it happening by the end of the week. She said it does not look like it.
Next called AHIP (music Janet Jackson's That's the way love goes) 30 minutes no answer. Kind of tells you what kind of help we can look forward to from the (FFM's 4 new Helpless Desk) whenever testing is available. None. No surprise.
Bottom line when will testing be available. They don’t know and do not care when we know. Moving on to other things. :no:

I'll bet someone 96 cents they just extend the 2015 certification certs that we have now.

But Obama needs new agents to help get to the 21 million enrollment mark. That's what the government (CBO) says is needed by the end of 2016 Open Enrollment, to keep the ACA sustainable.

Just (10pm EST)tried the CMS portal to check on FFM training status.....appears to be now be available from CMS directly. Had me go through a registration process, and then shows 14 modules to take.

Maybe other can confirm and comment.

It appears to be ready. But I'm waiting until CMS gives the green light. Would hate to invest hours into these new modules only to find that the system crashed and lost everything. But if you're willing to take the risk, go for it Yankee466. Good luck! Let us know how it went.

Back