2017 TN Humana ACA Commission

Wonder why just TN?

/
I would imagine it is because all of the other carriers have already announced paying 0%. If there are any other carriers, that is. As far as I know, a good chunk of East TN will only have Humana on-ex unless someone new comes out of the woodwork.

Last edited:
Absolutely will help clients with their decision. I will help them pick their best option but they will then have to complete the application. Good things come to those that can wait to get paid from other products.

New & Renewal 0% This is it. Nothing in TN.

Humana get rate increase pressure since TN BlueCross (major risk barrier) exits even though 62% rate increase.
With Blue presence, Humana's 46% rate increase is OK.
But Blue exit situation, Humana had to increase more than 70~80% to not lose money. But re-rate submission deadline is over at mid-September, Humana had to find out a way to mitigate loss by adopting not to attract risks by paying no commission to broker who help to enroll 40% of insureds.

Cigna adopted this strategy first, then Humana.

This is my understanding in TN 2017.

Make it through 2017 by maximum service over 65 clients. Diversification!!!
Then we can smile in 2018 at last.

New & Renewal 0% This is it. Nothing in TN.

But Blue exit situation, Humana had to increase more than 70~80% to not lose money. But re-rate submission deadline is over at mid-September, Humana had to find out a way to mitigate loss by adopting not to attract risks by paying no commission to broker who help to enroll 40% of insureds.

From what I have read, the government is automapping people for those losing plans. In areas with only Humana, those people WILL be enrolled in Humana, the on-ex ones anyway.

From what I have read, the government is automapping people for those losing plans. In areas with only Humana, those people WILL be enrolled in Humana, the on-ex ones anyway.

Applicable to TN, and any other areas in which a plan is "Auto-Mapped", when using ACAExpress after launch marketplace which you can click to terminate the plan they are on effective 12/31/2016 and auto mapped plan. This way makes so do not possibly have two plans; the auto mapped and the plan you enroll them in.

Back