From ACA to AHCA - ObamaCare to TrumpCare

They can differentiate, the medical card has a different letter or number on it signifying ON or OFF market (even with same plan and network). Dr's are at more of a financial risk for ON market. They know both these things.

The whole system is swamped, I agree it's widespread issue. But, ACA is more difficult to find a doctor vs Med supp in this situation. ACA is medicaid plus.

States rights should trump all else.

Not really. The dickwads at the TN statehouse would be improving the situation if they checked into the pen.

They have demonstrated that they can't be trusted and are for themselves only.

I note that on the national level, Trump is branching out and using visas to help sell his failing realestate deal.

Jail time is fast approaching.

They can differentiate, the medical card has a different letter or number on it signifying ON or OFF market (even with same plan and network). Dr's are at more of a financial risk for ON market. They know both these things.

The whole system is swamped, I agree it's widespread issue. But, ACA is more difficult to find a doctor vs Med supp in this situation. ACA is medicaid plus.

That isn't true from my experience, I'm not going to take the time to edit temporary ID cards to show this.

That isn't true from my experience, I'm not going to take the time to edit temporary ID cards to show this.

They can tell if it's an exchange or off exchange but they cannot differentiate BO or BS or Blue care from on and off network, they all have the exact same networks. BO and BS also have the blue card. Now I have had doctor's in limited instances that were listed and they are not in network. Hell had a surgery group that was listed and were contracted with blue select and I had to call for client they turned away. Well to get out of their off year contract they changed their name and tax ID number and started over with contracts leaving bs out, but took all the other's even blue care. Must be blue select pays less than the HMO.

Anyway I'm getting pretty sick of this health insurance crap.:D:D:D

The MacArthur Amendment to the AHCA..
The House Moves Toward A Health Care Vote | National Review

I can't coherently express what a mess this will cause!

-------

But, as this article points out, https://www.aei.org/publication/how...alth-care-bill/comment-page-1/#comment-176667 the U.S. Senate will probably strike it from the AHCA, because it doesn't meet the standards for the "reconciliation" process.

--------

If the MacArthur amendment is kept in tact. CHAOS!

If the MacArthur amendment is stripped, aren't we essentially keeping ObamaCare, minus the taxes, fees and fines?? (All the EHB's and Pre-X mandates will remain on Health Insurers, if I'm not mistaken)

Can anyone shed more light on this?

What happened to the promise, "We will repeal ObamaCare, every last word of it!" ?

Geezus

As predicted, these state-by-state AHCA "Waivers" are going to cause so many problems. A needless complication.

Story: The AHCA Waivers Could Bring the Toxic Politics of Health Care to Every State Capitol - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Either repeal the damn ACA as every elected Republican promised to do, or wake up HHS Secretary Price, and throw another Trillion dollars at ObamaCare in a way to fix the issues.

Full Repeal of aca takes 60 votes in Senate. Why don't people understand it can't be done with 52 repubs only. Vote accordingly in 18'.

Full Repeal of aca takes 60 votes in Senate. Why don't people understand it can't be done with 52 repubs only. Vote accordingly in 18'.

They are standing around with their dick in their hand with no viable option is sight. Going back to pre-ex will get them fired. Implementing what's necessary to eliminate adverse selection violates the Repub position of always free market even when the free market distorts.

Carriers understand how to run a block of business. The individual market is no different from any other block. Claims have to be predictable otherwise there will be no insurance available.

I receive emails from our congressman Marsha Blackburn. The lies and predicted results of congressional actions promoted in those emails are so far off base that they are insulting. Congress should have to buy the unsubsidized silver plan on-ex. Then we'd see some action that means something besides bad.

Ted Cruz is the head of the 13 Republican Senator "working group" that is coming up with a ObamaCare replacement. He's going to try a FULL repeal-replace in just 1 step..instead of 2 or 3..yet still using the budget reconciliation process.

""Cruz said he has been working for weeks with the now-thirteen member group of GOP senators on an Obamacare repeal and replacement plan that would eliminate the need for a second phase of legislation to replace failing healthcare law.

Instead of a limited repeal and replace bill followed by another bill later, the GOP wish-list for replacing Obamacare would be packed into a single budget resolution to repeal Obamacare that could pass with only GOP support using a tool called reconciliation.""

Full Story: Ted Cruz shops one-and-done bill to repeal and replace ObamaCare

From what I read back when TED first started working on this in April, the Congressional Budget Office would give it a very good "score" for lowering premiums and reducing the deficit. Millions of people will voluntarily go without insurance, but we are a country built on freedoms.

-ac

BTW...anyone seen the criticism of this 13 person working group? All male..all white. (Ted Cruz said that he's part Cuban though, LOL.)

Ted Cruz is the head of the 13 Republican Senator "working group" that is coming up with a ObamaCare replacement. He's going to try a FULL repeal-replace in just 1 step..instead of 2 or 3..yet still using the budget reconciliation process.

""Cruz said he has been working for weeks with the now-thirteen member group of GOP senators on an Obamacare repeal and replacement plan that would eliminate the need for a second phase of legislation to replace failing healthcare law.

Instead of a limited repeal and replace bill followed by another bill later, the GOP wish-list for replacing Obamacare would be packed into a single budget resolution to repeal Obamacare that could pass with only GOP support using a tool called reconciliation.""

Full Story: Ted Cruz shops one-and-done bill to repeal and replace ObamaCare

From what I read back when TED first started working on this in April, the Congressional Budget Office would give it a very good "score" for lowering premiums and reducing the deficit. Millions of people will voluntarily go without insurance, but we are a country built on freedoms.

-ac

BTW...anyone seen the criticism of this 13 person working group? All male..all white. (Ted Cruz said that he's part Cuban though, LOL.)

Ted Cruz hates women. And children. And puppies. (And if you haven't watched him get mansplained by Sally Yates yesterday, you really should take a look. She took RBF to a whole new level)

Yes..I did. I could care less about the 12 white men.

What I DO care about is that Senators Collins and Cassidy, who have been working together on an ACA replacement for months and actually can spell "family glitch" and know what "SLCSP" means, were left out of the mix. Heaven forbid Mitch pick people who have been studying the issue for months and are looking for bipartisan solution and actually govern.

Latest posts

Back