From ACA to AHCA - ObamaCare to TrumpCare

That article listed the same crap that won't work....cross state insurance, high risk pools etc. Proliferate association plans with underwriting and more of the healthy leave. Add pre-ex and all who can't get coverage are pissed.

Try some simplified arithmetic. 5% of the people have 40% of the claims (in a 1000 member group I had). 100 members with $100,000 annual claims. Put 5% in a high risk pools. $40,000/5=8000/12=$666/month. Now add trend and admin. Do the same math for the other 95 with $60,000 in claims and you see the problem.

ACA enrollees are sicker than my 5% group. This means we could add the healthy for very little and drive avg cost down.

We used to get a lot of business this way. Find a lazy agent's group with poor participation, cover everyone and get the business.

The math applies to all blocks that carriers manage. All of the proposals violate we'll known insurance rules. It ain't rocket science, simply arithmetic.

Cruz has he's head up his ass. TX should fire him.

Agreed. Except Bernie. He coulda raped and pillaged but didn't.

Kasich is promoting his new book and comes across as reasonably moderate and likable.

There were options. We chose **** face.

They all need to be fired. Every single one of them.

Time and time again, they prove their only interest is self-serving.

Rumor is, Trump is actually going to "drain the swamp", via getting the GOP indicted. Basically, sink his own ship in order to take them down with him.

Sources say upwards of 25 indictments were issued this morning, and a bunch more warrants through EDVA courts. As many as 48 politicians might be implicated.

Rumors for now, but from the same people that have proven to be accurate in the past.

Now you see em', now you don't. Getting tired of this game of chicken with the CSR's. Time to grow up and realize you're contributing to the collapse.

Trump threatens to stop ObamaCare payments | TheHill

Trump's already signed a couple of Executive orders designed to hasten ObamaCare's demise.

Stopping the CSR payments to health insureres will force the Senate to move faster. Moving FAST (weeks, instead of months) is something the Senate has said it will not do with this bill, even though insurers need to know what the story is for 2018 ASAP.

----------

Ted Cruz hates women. And children. And puppies. (And if you haven't watched him get mansplained by Sally Yates yesterday, you really should take a look. She took RBF to a whole new level)

Yes..I did. I could care less about the 12 white men.

What I DO care about is that Senators Collins and Cassidy, who have been working together on an ACA replacement for months and actually can spell "family glitch" and know what "SLCSP" means, were left out of the mix. Heaven forbid Mitch pick people who have been studying the issue for months and are looking for bipartisan solution and actually govern.

SUSAN COLLINS and Lisa Murkowski are deemed to be the two most important female Senators, as the final version of the AHCA is crafted. This should make you 50% happier, KGMom.
;)
Source: Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski may control the future of healthcare. Here's what they want.

ALSO, Mitch McConnell is now promising to have at least 1 female Senator in every AHCA meeting.
Source: http://theweek.com/speedreads/69855...ises-have-least-woman-all-healthcare-meetings

May 23, 2017

Today, insurance executives met with the Senate's Repeal-Replace committee..

""Tuesday's meeting focused on how to reduce premiums. Senators heard from members of the BlueCross-BlueShield Association, which is made up of Blue Cross insurers across the country.

"We really focused today on the insurance aspect," said Sen. John Hoeven, R-N.D. "How do we build a plan that works for the insurers both in terms of making sure they participate and helping keep premium costs down?"

Senators also discussed with actuaries the cost drivers behind insurance premium increases and how to lower them, added Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, the second-ranking GOP senator.

The Senate is also looking at a mix for tax credits that would take into account both age and income.""

Source: Time may be running out on Senate Obamacare talks

What do you think they suggested for bringing down insurance costs? My guess is that they said, "Leave us alone! We'll build the plans that the public wants to buy."

ACA cost driver is adverse selection. No point in wondering what needs to be done. Enroll everyone. Simple.

ACA cost driver is adverse selection. No point in wondering what needs to be done. Enroll everyone. Simple.

How about if you don't have pre ex in 2018, you get hit with 6/6/12/12 pre ex in 2019. Then people will start to enroll....

Back