From ACA to AHCA - ObamaCare to TrumpCare

Show me the facts about how doctors are turning away people with active health insurance.

True timely story. Just got off phone with prospect, lives in CT, moving to FL. Have pre-ex cancer conditions. First thing out of his mouth, I don't want any Marketplace plan. None of the doctors will take our ConnectiCare insurance here in CT. He's turning down a $1200/mo subsidy to buy OFF market.

There are no facts, can't quantify a moving target, it's just what we hear all day long. Why doubt veteran agents with hundreds on the books?

But, the law is great for covering pre-ex......... if you can find a doctor. The flaw not recognized by the left.

But, the law is great for covering pre-ex......... if you can find a doctor. The flaw not recognized by the left.

Everything is NOT a liberal/conservative issue.

The problem is that "blue" states are also typically HMO states and they are not seeing the same problem that those of us in red states are seeing, where HMOs are the devil.

But if you asked someone in Orange County, CA if people on CA Care (or whatever it is called) had a problem if there was a doc issue, the answer is "no". And Orange County CA is as conservative as they come.

True timely story. Just got off phone with prospect, lives in CT, moving to FL. Have pre-ex cancer conditions. First thing out of his mouth, I don't want any Marketplace plan. None of the doctors will take our ConnectiCare insurance here in CT. He's turning down a $1200/mo subsidy to buy OFF market.

There are no facts, can't quantify a moving target, it's just what we hear all day long. Why doubt veteran agents with hundreds on the books?

You need to cut this left/right crap out, generalizations are far from accurate.

And we both know that an Exchange plan in Florida can be purchased with the Blue Options network that includes the national Blue PPO card-if those people pay the full amount they are morons.

Your both missing my point. I have yet to see one lib politician or none aca insurance agent admit pre ex is a problem under aca.

Until that happens, nothing happens

You need to cut this left/right crap out, generalizations are far from accurate.

And we both know that an Exchange plan in Florida can be purchased with the Blue Options network that includes the national Blue PPO card-if those people pay the full amount they are morons.

It is a left / right issue now. We are all not rooting for the same team anymore.

The left wants single payer government controlled healthcare and the right wants the free market ( with the government acting as referee) to prevail.

Obama and the left completely screwed our financing mechanism ( health insurance) with the passage of ACA and the answer from the left is more government intervention ( single payer).

Make no mistake about the reason our health insurance problem can not be solved in a bi-partisan manner. We are rooting for two different teams.

The problem with that issue is because they are including Small Group (under 50 ee's) as part of the language. But not fixing the family glitch.

So Mary's Plumbing with 10 employees buys coverage for her employees. The employees make $50K and have a wife/kids. The coverage Mary chooses has no maternity.

So the wife can't get a subsidy and her husband's employer no longer has to offer maternity.

Brilliant.

Do you get the impression that HHS secretary Tom price is either asleep at the wheel or overwhelmed? Family glitch..STM, lots of things he could fix right now.

It is a left / right issue now. We are all not rooting for the same team anymore.

I'm rooting for America.

What you are saying is crap. That's what the Tea Party fed us and now we are more divisive than at any time except 1855-1870. The Koch Brothers and the Tea Party went after GOP members in primary's who actually believed in words like "compromise" and "govern".

You can be an AMERICAN first then either side of the spectrum, second.

Moderates (like me) are forced into a corner and we are tired of it.

My TX friends think I am a wide-eyed liberal.

My CA friends think I have swallowed the Ted Cruz line of crap.

There IS a middle ground. We just have to find it and support those who actually want to govern.

(My personal opinion is that we pull the 7% out and subsidize the rates. And implement pre-ex in 2020, if you don't have MEC in 2019. That's not liberal or conservative. Its a solution that makes neither side happy)

I'm rooting for America.

What you are saying is crap. That's what the Tea Party fed us and now we are more divisive than at any time except 1855-1870. The Koch Brothers and the Tea Party went after GOP members in primary's who actually believed in words like "compromise" and "govern".

You can be an AMERICAN first then either side of the spectrum, second.

Moderates (like me) are forced into a corner and we are tired of it.

My TX friends think I am a wide-eyed liberal.

My CA friends think I have swallowed the Ted Cruz line of crap.

There IS a middle ground. We just have to find it and support those who actually want to govern.

(My personal opinion is that we pull the 7% out and subsidize the rates. And implement pre-ex in 2020, if you don't have MEC in 2019. That's not liberal or conservative. Its a solution that makes neither side happy)

KGMOM, It was Barack Hussein Obama who initiated the effort to divide us as a country like no American President has ever done before , not the tea party. George Soros has done his fair share as well..

I am also rooting for America , however single payer government run healthcare is uniquely Un - American. The only reason why there was not one Republican that voted for ACA and not one Democrat that voted for AHCA was that they are rooting for a different team. One wants single payer and one does not not.

Bill made a comment about not one lib politician acknowledging that pre-ex was a problem within ACA, and the reason for this is that they all want single payer.

What needs to happen is these assholes that work for us need to all agree that the United States Government has no business converting our healthcare system to a single payer and then ALL work together to provide a solution.

I personally have agreed with what I think you have previously stated. Have INDY medical insurance work much like pre ACA group medical did since 1996. All group medical was GI, but allowed U/W and the states limited the max rate up, pre-ex for anyone with more than a 63 day gap, and then have a once a year time frame where OE for Indy.

This is really not a very complicated problem. It becomes one when the government is split between single payer advocates ( democrats) and free market advocates ( republicans). I am talking about politicians, not us agents or consumers.

There can be no middle ground when one side desires complete government control.

The MacArthur Amendment to the AHCA..
The House Moves Toward A Health Care Vote | National Review

I can't coherently express what a mess this will cause!

-------

But, as this article points out, https://www.aei.org/publication/how...alth-care-bill/comment-page-1/#comment-176667 the U.S. Senate will probably strike it from the AHCA, because it doesn't meet the standards for the "reconciliation" process.

--------

If the MacArthur amendment is kept in tact. CHAOS!

If the MacArthur amendment is stripped, aren't we essentially keeping ObamaCare, minus the taxes, fees and fines?? (All the EHB's and Pre-X mandates will remain on Health Insurers, if I'm not mistaken)

Can anyone shed more light on this?

What happened to the promise, "We will repeal ObamaCare, every last word of it!" ?

Geezus

I am also rooting for America , however single payer government run healthcare is uniquely Un - American. .

I guess you want to abolish Medicare, Medicaid, as well as the VA? What could be more "Un - American" [sic] than those programs.

I always get a smile from agents like you who hate the federal government but who also make a lot of money selling Medicare Supplemental plans or who train agents to do so.

No need to defend. I'm not judging... just smiling.

alice-in-wonderland-party-52.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back