From ACA to AHCA - ObamaCare to TrumpCare

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
Friday, May 5, 2017

With the U.S. House of Representatives repealing and replacing ObamaCare (Affordable Care Act) yesterday, and forwarding it to the U.S. Senate, we're finally on our way to (some degree of) Free Market individual health insurance once again!
:biggrin:

U.S. House approves the American Health Care Act (TrumpCare?):

1. Celebration - Health care bill passes in House, Trump and GOP finally come together | Fox News

2. The Strategy That Worked - https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/ahca-house-vote/?utm_term=.f3c43ad091d7

3. QUICK Summary of The AHCA (House version): What's Really In the American Healthcare Act (AHCA)

The U.S. Senate is saying they will probably re-write the House legislation, or start-over, from scratch. The Republicans there do not like the House version of the American Health Care Act.

STORY: AHCA: Republican health care bill headed for overhaul in Senate | Fox News

So, it appears that almost everything is up in the air once again. Is this like starting over from the very beginning?

One thing we know for sure is that ObamaCare is unraveling, at various degrees, all over the country. The U.S. Senate can't afford to take it's sweet time like the Senators are saying, because health insurers, and the states, need to know what to do for 2018, ASAP.

-AllenChicago

24 million people lose healthcare?

Enjoy your celebration at the loss of your dignity... and at the United States returning to a third world country.

I wouldn't get to excited yet. In fact, I think this actually means we're closer to a 1 payer system.

The Senate has to approve it and will probably make some pretty drastic changes to the plan as it currently reads. That means it will go back to the House. It just barely passed there to begin with.

Given that many Republicans face reelection and the growing support of the ACA...I would not be surprised if they flip their votes.

Without a way to control costs or encourage companies to cover the sicker people out there....I think its inevitable.

The American People are not going to accept a bill that risks tens of millions going uninsured or without decent access to healthcare.

It will be suicide for all of Congress... both sides.

The one virtuous thing about Ocare was that it recognized that we had a problem with peoples access to healthcare, and at least attempted to fix it. This new bill is essentially ducking heads in the sand and refusing to admit that its a problem. Of course the Dems were/are doing the same thing about the sustainability of Ocare. Neither side deserves the privilege of representing the American People.

In a wealthy, civilized, & morally decent nation; equal access to quality healthcare should not even be a question. Much less a political football.

The American People are not going to accept a bill that risks tens of millions going uninsured or without decent access to healthcare.

Do you think a large majority of American people would be willing to pay twice their current income tax (or perhaps twice their FICA tax) to obtain 'free' (but rationed) health care?

Do you think a large majority of American people would be willing to pay twice their current income tax (or perhaps twice their FICA tax) to obtain 'free' (but rationed) health care?

I did not say free. But the current proposal will result in tens of millions going without insurance and without easy access to normal non-emergency healthcare. Not sure how you get to "free" from that. People who are capable of paying need to pay 1st dollars on some type of a deductible system. That is the one consistent thing that has been proven to reduce over-utilization and reduce the overall cost of care.

Do you think throwing people into state based high-risk pools will NOT result in tens of millions going uninsured and losing access to their current form of healthcare?

Do you think the States are more capable of handling healthcare than the Feds?

But the current proposal will result in tens of millions going without insurance and without easy access to normal non-emergency healthcare.

Do you think throwing people into state based high-risk pools will NOT result in tens of millions going uninsured and losing access to their current form of healthcare?

Do you think the States are more capable of handling healthcare than the Feds?

Ok a few comments... first one will be mean however no apology will be given because based on the first comment about ease of care you obviously have no clue and don't sell health insurance now.

As a matter of fact is structured correctly the risk pools were the way to go from the start.

And... as a matter of constitutional fact yes the states are more capable of handling health care because its a states right issue.

Liberalism is a pre existing condition that is excluded in the new Trump Care

Ok a few comments... first one will be mean however no apology will be given because based on the first comment about ease of care you obviously have no clue and don't sell health insurance now.

As a matter of fact is structured correctly the risk pools were the way to go from the start.

And... as a matter of constitutional fact yes the states are more capable of handling health care because its a states right issue.

Well said, it is sad how many of the folks do not understand our system of government and actually think the federal government is better at handling that which should be handled by the states.

I still have group clients on the health side.

If you have insurance, you can be seen by a doctor. You might have a deductible, but you can see a Primary Care Physician. People who have insurance now, will not have it under the new bill. By the millions. Not sure what your definition of "ease of care is"... but not having any type of insurance makes in much harder to receive proper healthcare. Im sure your talking deductibles, networks, etc. Its not like I think Ocare is great or not a disaster. Its spiraling. But the current bill is not a fix that will work or will be gladly accepted by the majority of citizens.

It is highly debatable if it is a "states rights" issue from a constitutional perspective.

My post never stated that I was against high risk pools. They could potentially have their place if structured and funded (emphasis on the later) correctly. The current proposal is far from funded correctly when it comes to the high risk pools. And we have no clue how it is structured because it will depend on the competency of each state.

My state cant even fix a pothole correctly. I can say the same about GA, NC, FL, TN. Why would any sane and logical person trust any of these states with their healthcare?

Only a far right extremist would consider a libertarian a liberal.

And it seems your pre-existing condition is being a condescending jerk who makes ASSumptions about a person based on a single sentence.

But we all know what your issue is... you want it to be just like pre-Obamacare. That will never happen. Move on. You will be much happier once you do. The Senate is about to give us Ocare 2.0

Last edited:
SCAgent... if you have Ocare you CAN NOT GET A DOCTOR TO SEE YOU...No doc wants to see these people, period.

In regards to the pools funding... yea, right the house bill aint got enough money but lets wait

Yes, its a states right issue... Im right on this, trust me... A new civil war will probably decide this and if so bring it

Lastly... the racist in chief caused all this and in my view CAN NOT BE FIXED. The only way to fix it, and BTW I think this was all planned, is to go Medicare for all. At this point its so screwed up I welcome Medicare for all....

The true problem is not the insurance companies, its the providers(RX, Docs and Hospitals) We need to control their prices and how they work in regards to charges hence Medicare for all..

Thanks Obama, you got this love child pregnant and abortions must be illegal because we can't abort this fetus called Obamacare

Back