ACA Certification-2018 Now Open

Duaine

Guru
100+ Post Club
What an ordeal recertifying for the ACA for 2018 was this year.

Why do I torture myself?

First the modules are not in the order that you're supposed to take them and there is no sense or order on how to register or launch the courses.

If you have a problem you have to email the "help-desk" as God forbid that you would expect to speak with a live person for any help. Be sure to send lots of screen shots. Watch the paint dry and the spider spin her web while you are waiting.

Don't use IE as that screws up the test saving and counting for you. Try Chrome for Firefox. (Firefox worked best for me.)

As usual when you click on a blue hyperlink that they force you to open it dumps you out of the learning and you have to log-in again and again.

When certifying you open the same PDF about 10 times which again dead ends you.

In the modules there are "hidden" clickable items that anyone who has ever searched for Waldo will admire and you can't advance until you find them all.

Both of my certifications are done now but I'm deeply scared and hope to be released from the Happy Farms Sanitorium soon! :err:

I found the same issues as you did Duaine. Took all the exams and the agreement signing and opening the appendex several times each to get through to signing it wiped out all modules and exams.

So sent work to the help desk...

In the meanwhile, AHIP got done.

I found the same issues as you did Duaine. Took all the exams and the agreement signing and opening the appendex several times each to get through to signing it wiped out all modules and exams.

So sent work to the help desk...

In the meanwhile, AHIP got done.

Here is a tip to help you. At the bottom of your screen where all of your programs are located you will see the logo for Chrome, Firefox or IE.

When you open the dreaded blue hyperlink to see a document go to those to see all of your browser tabs open. Then you can go directly back to the page you were working on before you opened the PDF or page.

Generally your tabs are either on the left or bottom of your screen but some folks hide it on the right-hand side of the screen.

Good luck!

I logged in after sending this message and, will wonders never cease, everything was marked as completed except the agreement page. Signed sealed and done!

Funny, I suppose that the help desk got enough messages that they do not even bother to message anymore, they just update it and call it a good day.

I am not even bother with SHOP certification. I haven't used it yet and don't see me doing so in the future.

Insurance agents are so spoiled. If you get just $100 a month from previously written ACA plans, re-certifying is worth it, don't cha think?

I use 3 companies : Anthem, Aetna, and one more that I used 2 times.

Anthem and Aetna are gone in 2018. The one I used twice has a very limited network unless you want to travel 50 miles.

I re certified.

I use 3 companies : Anthem, Aetna, and one more that I used 2 times.

Anthem and Aetna are gone in 2018. The one I used twice has a very limited network unless you want to travel 50 miles.

I re certified.

Sounds like the one that you used twice, will be the only game in town. I hope they are paying commissions for 2018 business!

Congrats on re-certifying BeeSelective. I always wait until October, after all you eager-beavers have worked the bugs out of the system. Thanks for that!

Back