ACA: Delays, Miscalculations & Failures Are Accelerating.

So the employer mandate had to be delayed because it "only" affects 3-4% of businesses. Yet we've spent how many billions implementing this law, only to see 2.8% (8.5 million) of the population receive "refund" checks due to the MLR.

Good investment.

Those 8.5 million people combined received <0.1% of total premium collected. In other words, across the population, insurance risk estimates were well within 1% of experience. ($504MM refunds in 2012, $674,567MM in collected premium for 2011(NAIC.org "report card"), most recent I can find, but 2012 was higher. It comes out to .07% if you crunch the numbers, and that's higher than reality because of the year disparity in my figures.).

I can't even guess how much gas my car needs within a 1% margin of error, and it has a guage. These actuaries deserve a medal for estimating costs within a tenth of a percent, a year out, including inflation, rising medical costs, and ACA implementation.

What an achievement, have you EVER done anything on that scale, within a tenth of a percent of perfection?

Back