ACA for Dummies

Depends on the product what the copay is vs what the co insurance is in another product. Sometimes seeing a solid number for a co pay looks better than a 20% co insurance for a same procedure. On ma some co pays do not count towards their moop Just depends

Not to sound contentious, but I thought the rules changed with MA and all copays and coinsurances had to go towards MOOP?

Another major factor when determining copay plan versus only coinsurance is OOP maximum and premium differences between plans. It doesn't always make sense to get a lower premium for a plan with copays if the OOP is significantly more than a plan with a slightly higher premium, no copays and a significantly lower OOP.

i know on the ppo they do.. i was thinking that on the pffs that they did not... i could be wrong i have not sold a pffs for a while ...

yar,
I am THE ACA agent in AZ. and CA and you should I dont know.. do what you want..
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
this is a learning experience for all of us..
Why HSA? doesnt that lose with ACA? I remember reading something bad about HSA and ACa

Last edited:
I'm past the learning phase, on to the implementation phase.
HSA's won't survive? That's a new one on me.

Last edited:
I would not listen to nick Co pay is a set dollar amount.example 25 for office visit Co insurance a cost share of the procedure or vist example you pay 20% the insurance pays 80%. Example doctor visit is $125 you pay 20% or $25. Hope that helps

Back