ACA Express -vs- HealthSherpa

Just took an app on express right after stepping out of the shower. No, I wasn't dressed like Jake from State Farm but none the less, instant approval. Has a few issues processing but for the most part seems to be moving in the right direction. Kenny gave me a direct call as well which is nice, I am sure much bigger players in the ACA field then me. After 11 years in Medicare sales, this is my first year on the individual health side. I wouldn't of touched it though without a WBE.

From other thread:
Female / Age 42 / Zip 60185 / $30k

Health Sherpa
Subsidy $116
Premium Before Subsidy $265
Premium After Subsidy $150

Healthcare.gov
Subsidy $78
Premium Before Subsidy $234
Premium After Subsidy $156

Didn't someone here report that HealthSherpa customer support promised a system sync with HealthCare.gov, last night? Families are seeing even larger discrepancies.

How can a WBE be so accurate in 2015 and so in-accurate for 2016? It's the same formula...just different numbers, for cryin out loud. Maybe HealthSherpa only had one person who could do this, and that person quit before O.E. started.
:mad:

Post above did not indicate which County so I picked Dupage (60185 is one of those zips which is in two counties)

ACAExpress.com
Subsidy $79.86
Premium Before Subsidy $234.49

At Sherp (I'm going to roll with it), we're aware that agents have options. We think this is overall good for the ecosystem and it keeps us on our toes.

We'll generally refrain from directly commenting on alternatives ourselves.

I will however say that if there's something we can do to be a more useful tool for you and get more of your business, we're always listening. I know our team has looked at this thread before, and I'll be internally resurfacing some of the points made here.

(Gerry from HealthSherpa)

Last edited:
with aca ex now and found multiple errors this morning on quotes - way off!

Many with UHC, which will prob cut my commissions once i correct ACA ex mistakes! not keeping them any longer- and of course cant reach anyone up there to help fix their mistakes nor get a call back- poor service but great at taking my money.

Many with UHC, which will prob cut my commissions once i correct ACA ex mistakes! not keeping them any longer- and of course cant reach anyone up there to help fix their mistakes nor get a call back- poor service but great at taking my money.

Want to help but have no way of matching up a user name here on the forum with your name in our system. Can you please email me at [email protected] with the issues, etc. you are seeing?

Sent VIA PM to you a moment ago.

Thanks!~

----------

Research sent to you from the email you sent. As an FYI, I got with support and they showed a contact this morning, they tried to call you twice and both times your phone rang twice then went to voice mail. The calls were I am told within 15 minutes or your contact to support at 10:55 AM today. Please check your email. Our rates matched exactly with healthcare.gov on estimated subsidy and premiums.

Then they need to leave a message with a call back number-

Per your email the quote is correct, per your website of my client and the bill he got, it is wrong- just emailed you the info

Then they need to leave a message with a call back number-

Per your email the quote is correct, per your website of my client and the bill he got, it is wrong- just emailed you the info

So others are aware:
- I compared a customer referenced at ACAExpress and Healthcare.gov. Our estimated subsidies and premiums match exactly healthcare.gov

- Per your email: "this client got a bill from UHC fro 124.17 which is what is shown when i click the clients name on your website"

which again is correct, what was returned by CMS is exactly as UHC is showing and billing and we show as well.

UHC124.png

Kenny, your data is wrong! i just input on HC.gov and the final rate is wrong, mine is right

If ya'll spent as much time on getting the info right, as you do on this forum, we all wouldnt be wasting so much time!

Kenny, your data is wrong! i just input on HC.gov and the final rate is wrong, mine is right

If ya'll spent as much time on getting the info right, as you do on this forum, we all wouldnt be wasting so much time!

Do not spend much time on here in reality Joe, I have email alerts set up which I then check when a new post, etc. :1cool:

The dependents were left off and noted as such Joseph:

The red ! indicate not eligible due to CMS rules based on income, i.e. Medicaid/chips.
UHC-A.png

UHC-B.jpg

AND healthcare.gov noted as well:

UHC-C.png

Which means after the fact they were added and thus the premium adjusted by CMS and fed through to UHC

Back