ACA ObamaCare 2018 - Rules, Premiums, Info, Etc.

Centene Celtic ambetter has horrible plans here in Illinois. HMO only and just 9 of the 110 hospitals in the Chicago metro area are included in network.

But they are 30% Cheaper Than Blue Cross. If someone asks for ambetter, I send them to healthcare.gov.

This might be starting to affect the Auto industry. When your health insurance premium exceeds your mortgage then it has to have an effect

Almost all of my now former clients saw their health insurance premiums exceed their mortgage in 2014 & 2015. Some are now paying in xs of $2500 per month. Those same clients were paying around $500 monthly for better coverage prior to 2014

Almost all of my now former clients saw their health insurance premiums exceed their mortgage in 2014 & 2015. Some are now paying in xs of $2500 per month. Those same clients were paying around $500 monthly for better coverage prior to 2014

People I know in similar situations are bailing to something else unless they have in excess of $2,000,000 in assets excluding their home. Those at $1.5M are on STM, association or religious plans. Most are old and nearing Medicare. All are wondering what the options for 2018 & 2019 will be.

Take only $20,000 in 2017, BCBST is asking for a 21% rate increase which puts the premium at $24,200. Added together that comes to ~ $45,000 for 2 years which will pay for a hip or knee replacement. Buying insurance would have them at the same cost + the out-of-pocket.

Hopefully, Congress will admit that we're not going back to underwriting and pre-ex and do what the carriers know is necessary to run a block of business. It looks like that is a false hope - for now - but mid-term elections will be here soon. Who wants to be the 1st out the door?

Based on:

STM not being extended
Navigator Funding Slashed
CSR games
Support for Graham/Cassidy

I think you guys are DREAMING if you think the current administration is going to do anything to help ACA succeed.

Back