ACA Website Marketing Guidelines

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
Got this email from Humana. Does anyone know what law/guidance they are referencing?
--------------------------

Website / Marketing Material Guidelines for Federal or State-Based Exchange Products

Agents should be aware of all applicable laws regarding the creation and use of websites and marketing materials as well as their obligations under such applicable laws. It is important to know that when creating any logos, websites or other marketing materials, agents should not misrepresent themselves by intending to resemble any federal or state agency, or the healthcare exchange/marketplace (e.g., Healthcare.gov or state-based exchanges).

In addition, agents should not create any name, logo, symbol, or website address of any kind which is similar enough to mislead a consumer into believing that it is a direct pathway for the purchase of qualified health plans offered on state and federal exchanges/marketplaces as authorized under the Affordable Care Act.

All websites created and maintained by an agent/agency must be clear that it is not a direct pathway for the federal and state-based Marketplaces, so as not to mislead consumers.

I remember seeing something last year on this, but cannot find it now. I had purchased 3 websites year before last that had the word exchange in them, saw a bulletin and let them go on renewal. Never did anything with them. I'll keep looking.

I think they mean stuff like

ArizonaACAExchange.com
ArizonaFreeObamaHealthInsurance.com
ArizonaSection8HealthInsurance.com
ArizonaBabyDaddyKnockUpInsurance.com
ArizonaYoMommaHealthInsurance.com

Just wait - they are probably getting ready to make "marketing guidelines" that will handcuff us just the way they do with Medicare Advantage & Prescription drug plans. You know - the myriad of rules about who we can talk to and when . . . . .ugh! At least in the FFM this would not surprise me, since it's run by CMS. That's all they do is figure out ways that the agent can't adequately inform and help the consumer . . . . .

I think they mean stuff like

ArizonaACAExchange.com
ArizonaFreeObamaHealthInsurance.com
ArizonaSection8HealthInsurance.com
ArizonaBabyDaddyKnockUpInsurance.com
ArizonaYoMommaHealthInsurance.com

Yea, the one I had to give up was floridawhosyourdaddyinsurance. net

Latest posts

Back